Tuesday 24 April 2007

Babysitting



Hello, sorry about my long rambling posts on tv shows. It was fun for me anyway. I thought I'd catch you all up on my weekend though. Friday I babysat for Amy and built the kids another tent, they wanted me to tell them the gorilla story again but I evaded it. Chad was sick and threw up all over his high chair, and Olivia manipulated her way into going over to a friend's house she wasn't supposed to because I didn't know that. Kids. I wish they stayed Elena's age. And then on Saturday Leo and I babysat for Amy again and took them all to this Global Village Festival. It was really fun, I was very surprised at how entertained all the kids were. There was a parade with people in costumes from around the world. There was a tent with all kinds of crafts for the kids to do. One booth was from Home Depot and they had wooden kits for the kids (aka PARENTS) to make. So we ended up with two boats, a birdhouse, a go cart and a treasure box. Meanwhile, while we nailed those together Chad tipped his stroller over and Leo and I didn't even notice, other people picked him up and put the stroller to rights. Oops. The kids were also enthralled with the spinning and weaving. Weird. I would have never had thought they would like that. And then the also watched the dancing for over an hour. I wouldn't have guessed that either. Leo was disappointed because the booth on Colombia was pretty lame. The booth on Peru had monkey skulls which Garrett was fascinated with. There was all sorts of humanitarian booths on Darfur, Heifers for Humanity, etc. I also paineted my mother-in-law's other bathroom, and she now wants to paint two more (much bigger) rooms, one of which she just painted this past December. I really can't keep up to her. Then Monday I caught up on some bills and looked at housing in Chicago and then I went to Amy's to make for her a chocolate bouquet for a party tonight. Funny how it's her table to decorate, yet I'm making the centerpiece and Kayli's made the party hats. Hmmm.... Anyway, Leo's been off work which is FABULOUS!!! I love LEO!!!! :) The end.

1 comment:

Kayli said...

Kami, that Global fest thing sounds like a lot of fun. You got an awesome picture of the Irish dancer.
That IS quite funny about Amy's table, but I can't really blame her since I like to operate that way myself whenever possible. ;)
Find anything interesting about Chicago housing?