Saturday 7 April 2007

Babysitting




Thursday night I went to babysit my sister Amy's kids, which is always an adventure. They are so fun! Amy gave me permission to build a huge tent in their family room, (well, huge to them). And then, since there was no school in the morning, they got to sleep in it, and I told them stories till the two youngest fell asleep. You can't see it in the photo but there's a tunnel escape route that goes around behind the couch and out the other side. I told the famous story from my Aunt Melodie of the Purple Gorilla, which I told them before, and was interrupted many times from Brynne (age 2) for her to tell me that it didn't happen that way before and to make corrections. I was also frequently interrupted by Garrett (age 3) who was constantly telling me what his baby dragon (toy dinosaur) was doing. It was fun though. I am often glad that Elena is not able to move around yet!


Friday I went over to Amy's again to color eggs, but I was too late (10 AM is early for me!). But I did go to the park with her kids. And I went to Trader Joe's and bought these delicious French dark chocolate truffles. I also bought these other chocolate truffles that are locale specific, so it's kind of like coffee or fine wines where the cocoa beans are from one plantation or atleast the same area, which is supposed to give the chocolate a distinct flavor. So I have a question for everyone, do you think that's rather ridiculous or what? I haven't tried them yet, so I'll have to let you know if I taste a difference, but it just seems rather ostentatious and really impractical. It's not like you'd be able to go somewhere and buy only Dominican Republic cocoa beans if that's the particular one you happen to just adore, atleast nowhere I shop on regular basis--I was only at Trader Joe's because it was next to Micheal's and I was dying for good chocolate. Anyway, just let me know what you think, por favor.


Anyway, I hope you all enjoy your Easter and Easter chocolate. :)

2 comments:

The Haws Family said...

I love the pictures! It looks like you had such a fun easter! It also looks like Amy's kids had a great time with you as babysitter. I think chocolate can taste different between certain brands, but I don't think you can taste a difference between plantations, so you'll have to let me know if you can.

Kayli said...

Chocolate is good.

You are cool to make a tent with the kids. I should do something fun like that today.

Happy Easter!