1. Hola, mis amigos. What a crazy week. We had torrential rain for two days straight, and on Monday night (or was it Tuesday? No recuerdo.) it went into freezing temperatures, so it looked like this the next morning.
2. Ana was given the MVP and best offensive player awards for basketball. Very impressive.
3. I spent Monday and Tuesday all determined to get all this stuff done on my to-do list. And now I have no motivation left. Sigh.
4. On Monday and Tuesday I did practically finish Miriam's second dress. I am definitely getting faster. However on Tuesday night at midnight, I only had some trim to finish off her dress, (well, minus some hand sewing I was planning on doing the next day at playgroup) and I figured I could finish it in an hour and be in bed by 1 AM. Yeah, no. I spent 4.5 hour trying to turn what was basically large spaghetti straps, and never did finish turning one. I just made straps like that for Harriet's dress and it took less than five minutes, it's just that this fabric was much stiffer and had less give. Needless to say, I'm never doing that again, and put a bid on a very expensive spaghetti strap turner. Yes, that's all it does, in 6 different sizes. I don't care, it's worth every penny--FOUR of my fingers were numb and tingling for the whole rest of the next day. And my hand hurt like the dickens, I couldn't even hold the phone for very long. And yes, I am stubborn and didn't want to give up on it, but eventually I had to cry uncle.
5. No, I didn't function well the next day and yes, that is when my motivation to get stuff done for the rest of the week collapsed.
9. He also loved his presents. Actually, all the kids have loved his presents. Elena and Isabel have been playing cars and trains with him since he had his birthday. Nicolas too. The binoculars and headlamp from Grandma and Grandpa were a smash hit too!
10. Elena made this train for Sebastian with a little bit of Ana's help. So cute.