Wednesday 5 November 2008

The End of October

First of all, Elena's birthday!!! She's two. This is the lovely cake I made. Okay, not so great, but I had fun. I went with (supposedly) Raggedy Ann because we gave her a doll for her birthday.
This is Elena a little unsure about the whole cake thing, but she blew out the candles immediately, no coaching needed.
She was definitely excited to open presents.
Her new doll! Which we left two days later at a friend's house and haven't retrieved it yet. Oops.
Our pumpkins. Aren't they terrific. We went simple this year. But still fun.
Ana at her school's Halloween parade. I can't believe the number of Hannah Mountain costumes I saw. Uggh. I'm definitely not a fan. Notice the sign "Libre de drugas ese so yo ..." Me too.
Isabel was the cutest leopard ever. Her nose was kind of rubbed off by the time I took this picture and she was squirming so I didn't get the whiskers on straight. But still, she's adorable. She laughs so loud now. I love it. I call her my zen baby. I just have to play with her for a little while and it releases all my tension.
Our glowing pumpkins. I love Halloween jack-o-lanterns. So fun.
Elena was sick (still is) and wasn't that in to the whole thing. She seemed unimpressed the whole time we went trick-or-treating, although she screamed bloody murder when Ana tried to empty her candy bag for her. Hee. Hee. That girl takes after her mom.

8 comments:

Lynn said...

You've got some great uses for those costumes you sewed this year! I am loving it.

Who is Hannah Mountain? Never heard of that.

Great pumpkins by the way. Those were HUGE! Where did you get them?

Lynn said...

P.S. I thought the birthday cake was an ingenious idea! Look at her face when she got the dolly! SO cute!

Kami said...

Yeah, I'm not sewing that much for nothing! :)

Hannah Mountain is a tv show on Disney and now the actress is a popular singer as well (with preteens). Blah.

I bought the pumpkins at Aldi. $3 a piece. Pretty good deal I thought.

Andrea said...

Hannah Montana people--what planet are you living on?? Um-all I know about her is that her dad used to be a stripper. Pertinent information like that sticks in my brain. Oh yeah, and when we were driving to Canada one year with Amy and her kids in my van, we told all the kids we'd made it to Montana and little Megan says, "Where's Hannah?" Amy and I laughed our heads off.

Kammers--loved your cake, babe. Sorry I didn't call back. I won't have time to call tomorrow either because Lindsay Ann and I will be working hard outside. Don't think I don't love you.

Please come back to Utah. You weren't here long enough. You wouldn't even have to help me with anything--you could just sit around eating chocolate. Your presence is enough.

That's not the case for Lindsay Ann. While her presence is appreciated, I can't manage without her slave labor.

The Nevilles would like to say... said...

Hey I loved the cake and any kid would too because m&m's are the best! I can't believe how much your daughter looks like you when I used to babysit you. And no you wouldn't remember me as you were about your daughter's age. I usually don't get to go to the family reunions, so I love reading family blogs so I can catch up on everybody. Leslie (your oldest cousin on your dad's side)

Kayli said...

Hannah MOUNTAIN? Ha ha ha!!

Isabel the Leopard is SOOOOO cute! seriously.

And that picture of Elena with her dolly is soooooooo cute too. And your cake was cute.

enough cuteness, I'm outta here.

Maria said...

you have such cute kids! Glad you had fun in Utah and that you are back safely. Please tell your mom hi for me. I see pics of her and just wish she was right there so I could give her a big hug. I love her so much. Such a great lady. "Elect" lady. Really, that's who she reminds me of ... Emma. Plus she makes WONDERFUL bread. MMMMMMM. That alone, should get her somewhere in the hereafter!

Megan said...

Thanks for all the pics from Utah - they were fun to see - I need to track down copies. I thought your cake turned out awesome!!! Good job!!!