Sunday 23 November 2008

5th Anniversary

I don't know that I've mentioned this before or not, but lately I've been sorting bleedscrews for a braking system for ten dollars a box. I can do it at home and it's paying for Christmas. Also, it made for Leo's and my 5th anniversary date (it's actually the 28th, but this weekend was more convenient to go out). Thank you, bleedscrews.
You know what? We picked up our babysitter from the train station. Only in Chicago do you do things like that. Crazy, eh? Then we went to Texas de Brazil, a churrascaria. I've wanted to go there since I first saw it in Orlando. It was delicious. I mean literally, words cannot describe how good it was. I was in heaven. It's basically an all you can eat buffet focusing on meat.
See all the different kinds? Servers in gauchos brought the meat around on scewers and you could just pick what you wanted.
I could have spent all my time at the salad bar alone though. I had lobster bisque. Feta cheese spead that was vying for my last bite along with the sushi. Oh, I love sushi. Also, some fancy cheeses from Spain that were so delicious. My other favorite was the roasted red peppers with capers, but there was also asparagus with strawberry relish, heart of palms, artichoke bottoms, smoked salmon, mushrooms in wine sauce, black beans, rice, tabuleh, grilled provolone, pasta, spinach and other salad items, garlic mashed potatoes, Brazilian cheese bread, and more. It was heavenly.
Then the meats. Any kind of meat you could possible dream of. Pork. Chicken. (Okay, I didn't waste time with those.) Lamb. That was really good. I actually had the lamb chops you see in the above picture. Sausages. Flank steak. Tenderloin. Top Sirloin.
My favorite was the filet mignon. I guess I inherited my mother's expensive tastes (I don't know where SHE got them from), because I wouldn't waste my time on anything but that if I went again. Anyway, we cetainly paid for it, but I guess once in five years it's okay to splurge like that, right? Again, thank you bleedscrews.
After we went to the The Dark Knight at the dollar theater (have to save money somewhere). It was too freaky for me. I don't think I'd watch it again. Well done though. I just think it's not very entertaining to see something that depressing. Leo loved it though. Anyway, I'd be perfectly happy to repeat our dinner in another five years, if not the movie.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

YAY! To the 28th! AWESOME DATE! : D

Congrats on 5 years. WOW!

That place you went to eat, looks like out of this world. I would of died and gone to heaven. Look at all those blocks of cheese and meat! I am so glad I am not vegetarian. : )

Please post a little more in detail what your new part time job is? I have no idea what bleedscrews are or why they need to be sorted. Sounds interesting.

Hanah said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! That restaurant looks AMAZING!!! SERIOUSLY!! What a great place to celebrate your love!!
Where in the world did you find a work at home job that was legit? WE have searched and searched and just find scam after scam.

The Haws Family said...

Hey Kammers. Glad it was fun.