Wednesday 26 November 2008

To answer some questions

Bleedscrews are little screws used in a braking system for cars. There's a thousand in a box. It takes me forty-five minutes to sort through one box, for which I get paid 10 dollars. It's not too bad, except my wrists hurt so much that I can't do pushups. As for it being an at home job, that's more or less because I got the job from one of my good friend's husband. He's Leo's good frien too. He manages an office here that imports parts from Europe and then he sends them out to the American companies.

As for the fried bananas, I had some at that resturant and thought they were tasty so I wanted to try making them myself. They weren't quite as good. Basically, it's just brown sugar and butter you fry them in with a little bit of cinnamon. It's kind of like baked apple. They are good, but probably not something I'll be making a lot.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

THANKS!

The wrist thing sounds painful though. : S

Becky said...

Alrighty - andrea's friend becky here - she mentioned your blogs in her last post and I came to look and here is what I know about fried bananas - New Guinea Style - beer (replace with whatever you want - apple juice?) and cornmeal batter and fried in vegetable oil (and you have to use the tiny little baby bananas and then throw them on top of icecream - yummy - sorry to blogstalk - I couldn't pass up fried banana advice...becky