Tuesday 9 September 2008

Artsy

I love art. It's another of my passions apparently. (Random anecdote for you: I was at a friend's house lamenting about how obsessive I can be about projects--I had just finished the Renaissance costumes--and was telling how in high school I worked on one art project for over a year. Well, her husband exclaimed I must have "passion" for it. I thought that was pretty complimentary. Especially in his French accent... at least it sounds better than "obsessive compulsive.") Unfortunately, I can't indulge it like I do my passion for chocolate. (If only art was as inexpensive as chocolate!) Anyway, I recently watched Sister Wendy Becketts's PBS special of The Story of Art. It was really good actually; it made me realize that I know absolutely nothing about art. According to her, Lucian Freud is the greatest artist alive today. I had never, ever heard of the fellow. It inspired me to learn a little more, so I started browsing some art blogs and found some great tidbits and gems. Here's a gem for you.

Also, I found this, however, I couldn't upload it, but trust me, it's worth the time to go to the website and watch the video. I laughed so hard!!!!

With that, I'll let you all pursue your own passion for art.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

LOL! Too funny!