Monday 8 September 2008

Taxi Service

Many of you may not know this, but I actually had a job in the taxi service. Yep, that's right, a couple times a week I was a responsible taxi driver. Here's how the drive went. Okay, I live around Chicago, but thankfully I do not take this route. Man, I would be hours on the road in the traffic. Ugghhh.
There are some cool views that way though.
This is my route. Can you guess where I'm headed?
Ah, here we are. Chicago O'Hare International Airport. One of the busiest airports in the world. Usually ranked top in delays and cancellations as well. Blah. And because it's O'Hare, here's the snowplows. And these used to confuse me, but they're actually used to store that salt with which they wreck the roads. Seriously!!! Chicago has the most potholes of any place I've lived!!!
I manage to defensively **cough, offensively, cough** navigate through all these other rude taxi drivers. Chicago taxi drivers, well really, all Chicago drivers, honk incessantly and at nothing all the time. Errr....
Getting closer.
Really getting close now.Okay, I just liked this photo.
Finally, the rewards of all this: I get to pick up a hot guy in a uniform. :)
And thankfully, this is our new minivan (christened Josefina) so that I no longer have to be a taxi driver. The purchase was precipitated due to the transmission dying in our car, Greta; we had been planning on buying a minivan but not until next year. The car still runs, but it's an automatic and we're driving as if it was a stick shift--going from 1st to 2nd gear and then to drive. I'm almost grateful to that transmission, but then again when Leo left today and drove to work himself, I really missed the chance to sit and chat with him and hold his hand. Mixed blessings, eh?
Adios, O'Hare.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

LOL! You are so funny. Loved the pics.
Now you are a two car family. Feels funny, eh?

Hanah said...

That's soo awesome! What a pretty minivan too!! I felt the same way when we got the little Saturn from Blake's family, and I didn't have to drive him to work anymore. What a cute post!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new vehicle! Megan