Monday 21 June 2010

Missing Chi-Town

I have to say that I've been the most "homesick" after this move than I have since I was 12. Seriously. I miss so much from Chicago. I miss my friend Jenny. (Okay, so she's in Fance now, but still I miss her and her family.) I miss playgroup. Here Leo and I are the only "young" couple with more than one kid. It's weird. Our friends here asked us for parenting advice. It's not quite as good of a fit as our friends in Chicago, at least in stage of life fit. I miss the Yeats and yes, they're in Italy now, but whatever. I miss the Francos (they're still there). I miss the cool stores I used to shop at in Chicago, especially Valli. Plus, meat is sooo expensive here. Or, if it's cheap it's junky. Shop and Save used to have great meat sales that were decent cuts. I miss our friend Bro. Serrano. He was the best DJ and I miss the dances we had in our ward there. I miss having the big green trees lining the streets. I miss the diversity.


Not that I'm not thankful for things we have here, like our AWESOME house, which I love. Or having a backyard, and a dishwasher, and washing machine and dryer that are hooked up. Or the mountains nearby and family nearby. And Leo home every night.
Well, that's my reminiscing for the night. Goodnight, everyone.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

It sure is hard to move.

I thought about us when we were your age moving to Calgary....

I wanted to puke and I cried and cried. I missed Lethbridge SO badly for the same reasons you listed. I hated being in "cow town".

Now here we are later...thinking about having to move to find a job somewhere else....

And I am acting like I did when we first moved away from Lethbridge to here. Funny how life goes like that.

I totally empathize with you. I would miss Chicago too. I want to see it someday.

Well.......not sure if I made you feel worse or better.

Hang in there. Tomorrow's another day. I wish you a great one!

Our children are the future said...

I know what you mean... I kind of feeling horrible about moving already. I am really stressed too, and oh boy! we are young too with two kids so far!! LOL, oh well, but we are going to an english speaking ward so maybe it will be a little different??? I am glad you guys are there, at least I have some friends there ;)