Monday 14 June 2010

Tonight

Tonight we went and ate at friend's house. He used to be a biologist in Peru, now he works at Olive Garden. Anyway, their family is really nice. His youngest daughter babysits for me all the time. The kids love her. Then we came home and Isabel started coughing (she chews on random stuff all the time.) Then she threw up on the living room floor. So I grabbed her to clean her up and Leo started cleaning up the carpet. Once I had cleaned her up and had her in new pajamas, she threw up again. So once again I changed her and had her all cleaned up when she threw up again. I'm a slow learner. Meanwhile, Elena wanted to see all the action so she was climbing up onto the bathroom counter, only she didn't look first at the toilet (which she uses as a ladder) and ended up with her foot in the toilet, which of course, hadn't been flushed. Nights like these I need an extra dose of chocolate.

6 comments:

Kayli said...

yech. Sorry dude.
Hazel got carsick on Saturday and threw up. So gross.

Kristi said...

It is a happy day when kids know they are going to throw up and can get a bucket in time!
yucky stuff.

Lynn said...

I'm with Kristi. I did the happy dance once the kids even knew how to USE the bucket they carried around with them. At first they wouldn't cause they thought it was a cursed bucket...and thought it was the BUCKET'S fault in making them sick. ; S

The Haws Family said...

If its any consolation, I was just happily eating a rootbeer float, waiting for the energy to start making bread while Sterling's at class, and in the middle of a beautiful bite, half the glass of my cup fell off, and rootbeer and frozen vanilla yogurt spilled all over my couch. Not so gross as throw up, but definitely sticky. It's the closest I can get. No children, you see. But I am quite annoyed that all the sudden my glass just decided to break. I like these glasses.

Megan said...

Yes - cleaning throw up is the worst especially in the middle of the night.

Our children are the future said...

I hear ya! When Alexis had the stomach flu it was horrible. But I am fortunate to have tile floor and had him in his diaper the whole day. But he had thrown up in the car during winter... that is a nightmare!