Friday 25 June 2010

Fútbol!

My husband is obsessed. How come it took seven years for this to surface?!? I don't know, but I think it has to do with the bad influence of his BYU lab partners. And I thought BYU students would be a good influence. Here's a small tribute to his obsession.Actually, one reason for the obsession is this player here (#10). Lionel Messi. I wouldn't be surprised if Leo wanted to name our next boy Lionel. Seriously. He has a running dispute with our Sunday School teacher over Real Madrid and Barcelona's teams. Our Sunday School teacher is from Madrid, and well, Messi plays for Barcelona. Hence, Leo's new hat is a Barcelona one. By the way, our Bishop gave a little speech the week the World Cup started about not missing church to watch soccer. In that way I guess the Superbowl is kind of nice, at least it only lasts one Sunday a year. We have had incredibly low attendence lately despite the Bishop's talk.

Here's a little background info:
And a little taste of what he can do:
Another cool thing is that, well, Real Salt Lake is pretty stellar too.
No joking. I mean a couple of years ago that would have been a joke. But they were the MLS champions last year. (Take that LA Galaxy *cough* David Beckham.) Real Salt Lake has players from Canada and Colombia on the team too. Nifty, eh? And while we wanted to go watch a game this year, I don't know if we'll make it. Maybe. We'll see if the fútbol fever lasts in my house. Also, I changed my playlist in honor of the World Cup--all soccer tunes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I just went over my calendar to include really critical "dates" with my husband. One is a Real soccer game. I LOVED it when we went before. So, pencil in the date Sept. 4 (or something--I'll figure out the real date and let you know, but it is in September), and we can meet at the stadium!!

PS Other important dates include a Raptors baseball game (I can hear Tim gritting his teeth as I write this even though he's not even here). There are a few others. There are perks to summer.