Tuesday 22 June 2010

Music and yogurt

So it's not quite as good a title as Music and Lyrics, but whatever.

Here's my random review of yogurt and music.

I tried making yogurt from two different types of yogurt. One called Wallaby Organic Creamy Australian Style (who knew Australia had a style of yogurt?!?!). It was extremely yummy and sweet and smooth. But it was also very running and gave a relatively low-yield of yogurt compared to the Mountainland I had used before. It had L. acidophilus, L. bulgaricus, bifudus, and S. thermophilus. I loved the taste, but it was kind of sad how little yogurt I got.

Then I tried The Greek Gods also bought from Sunflower Market. It has S. Thermophilus, L. Bulgaricus, L. Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium, and L. Casei. I really didn't notice much difference between it and the Mountainland kind. It definitely produced more yogurt then the Australian style, didn't taste as good though.

As for music, have you ever noticed how radio stations play a different variety of songs depending on where you are? Seriously. In Florida, the "Hits" radio station played an over abundance of old Michael Jackson songs, the country stations only played redneck country songs, literally, if the word redneck wasn't in the song, it was surprising, and then the Latin channels only played reggaeton and cumbia with a couple Shakira songs thrown in. And of course there was about triple the number of bible-thumping preacher channels as compared to anywhere else I've lived.

In New Mexico the "Hits" were composed solely of Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguillera (this was a couple of years ago.) The country channels actually had good music. And Latin channels were only rancheros (did you know there's a Spanish version of Achy Breaky Heart? There is.)

Then in Arizona, there was actually an awesome Latin channel that played really good music, like Juanes and Maná. But the country channels were lame. And well, the "Hits" channels were good. Mostly I listened to that one Latin channel though.

In Chicago, the "Hits" had a wider variety than in Phoenix. Although Plain White Tees got a lot of air time since they're from there. The Latin channels were mostly reggaeton or ranchero. Blah. And country was nonexistent. Although they did have a Polish channel and Hindu channel.

And here in Utah, the "Hits" channels play the most old 80's U2 songs then I've heard in a long time. Latin channels are sadly all rancheros. And the country channels are decent.

That's my opinion anyway. Sorry that's just was what I was thinking about last night after hearing yet another U2 song.

And just to throw another random review in here. Has anyone seen Charlie and Lola? It's my favorite kids show. I love it, makes me laugh anyway. Here's a sample.

1 comment:

The Haws Family said...

That is the cutest show ever! I love it! I love their english accents and the words they use!