Wednesday 2 June 2010

In Search of the Perfect Place

The other day we went in search of the perfect place. For our family reunion next year. This is a hard task. I'm not joking. We have basically have enough money in our funds to go camping--I tried to think of every possible alternative, but unfortunately, camping was the only viable one.So we went to check out some sites. It was cold. Colder than we expected, as you can see from the shorts my girls are all wearing and the snow on the ground.Yes, I chose to marry that crazy man. It was beautiful though.


This is the road we took to Silver Lake. It was a very bumpy road. And no, for all my worried brothers and sisters, the lake was eliminated, so you won't have try to make it up it to.This is Tibble Fork reservoir and it would have been absolutely perfect, only they don't allow swimming there. Ruff.Silver Lake was at the end of that very bumpy road. Beautiful, no? But eliminated because it was FREEZING--and yeah, July might be better but it was really high up in the mountains so maybe not, and well, no trailers were allowed on that nasty switchbacked road. We stayed all of five minutes because we were so cold. In short, we are still in search of the perfect place. I don't know that Isabel will be able to handle the very rigid search---I mean look how frazzled she was after just one day of it. Ana, on the other hand, loved it!

3 comments:

Kayli said...

It doesn't REALLY matter where you pick anyway, since I won't be there and you will all be too busy pining for me to look around you or swim or do anything anyway.

Kristi said...

wow- you are so prepared- Cory and I are in charge this summer and still haven't nailed down a spot. and I am feeling stressed about it! it is a serious thing!

Lynn said...

At least you will have fun searching. Too bad it couldn't be that place. By the pictures alone I would of picked it! I guess that's why a visit in person is needed. ; D