Thursday 18 February 2010

Partying with Cousins

My little sister Lindsay was married last Thursday, and so the day after we all got together and took our kids to the Hill Air Force Museum and then had a Valentine's party at the church. It was fun. I think the kids had a really good time. That night we had an adult Valentine's Party, which was also fun, but kind of pathetic because by 10 PM we were all dead and had no energy at all.

I made this cake for the adult party. It's a lemon poppy seed cake with strawberries layered in it. I wanted to make something pretty. And it was pretty. But it wasn't chocolate, and so basically with my brothers and sisters, it just didn't go over well. Note to self: stick with chocolate.

2 comments:

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

I LOVED THAT CAKE!! I will eat it all next time!! haha

Lynn said...

Your family sure knows how to party an entire weekend away! So fun.

P.S. That cake is VERY pretty. And my mouth is watering. Sounds good too.