Monday 15 February 2010

Frutas de Colombia

I'm trying to catch-up and this post has been waiting patiently for me to add a few pictures and finally post it. I wanted to show some of the fruit you see in Colombia that you don't see here.This is a grenadilla. I posted about this fruit before, only I had the name wrong. You peel it like an orange.

Then suck the fruit out. Only it's grey and mucous-looking as you can see. I tried it, and given a few more tries, I'm sure I would have gotten past it's looks, because it doesn't taste bad. But it was pretty slimey and that kind of threw me.
This is a guava. I love homemade guava juice. Not so much a fan of eating it like Leo is here. (So that's not so rare, but they're everywhere in Colombia, like apples here.)

This is a guanabana. Again this is much better as a juice than just eating it plain. There was a lot of other fruits too. I should have taken far more pictures than I did. I guess I'll have to go back.

One of my favorite things was just mango slices that they sold on the streets with lemon juice and salt. Yummmm... You could buy them ripe or green. I like the ripe ones, Leo likes them green. So that's my short and very lacking overview of some of the Colombian fruits I tried.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh cool! I love this kind of stuff. How VERY interesting. I think I am with you on that one that is greyish on the inside and peels like an orange. It looks rather gross.