Tuesday 2 February 2010

I'm tired.

I know I've just been whining and complaining lately on my blog. But humor me again, because I'm about to do a bit more. Or don't humor and don't read. Either way. Actually, you shouldn't read because I don't think I'll come across very nicely.

I am tired. I am tired of cleaning. I am tired of thinking of all the things I still have to clean. I am tired of Isabel being sick (every other week since the beginning of November). She threw up on me all over yesterday. Then today she threw up while we were at the orthopedic surgeon's office. She had a high fever today too, and then she just wants to be held...so no cleaning was done today.

Oh and our toilet has been clogged since my nice sister and sister-in-law came to help me clean last week. So our bathroom has yet to be cleaned (since we moved in), it's really starting to bug me. As is my unmopped kitchen floor. And I really want the baby's room cleaned and stuff put away before my version on Thursday. I've just had no energy to do anything. Well, plus last night I was trying to catch up on bills and our budget, which still isn't done. And a budget is kind of a joke at this point anyway.

I was also trying to gather some ideas for New Beginnings this Sunday too. Yeah, apparently (I'm not sure since I don't really understand Spanish), the YW were assigned this day to have it, but we weren't told till this last Sunday. Ummm, yeah. I'm sure that will take up a good chunk of the rest of my week too.

Ana, by the way, was able to get by without surgery. The orthopedic doctor just gave her one of those black, velcro splints and said that she's young enough that her arm should straighten out over time with the splint.

However, I may break Ana's other arm. (This is what put me in such a dark mood tonight.) Yeah, the one piece of furniture that escaped unscathed from our recent moves was broken tonight by Ana. My new entertainment center. She told Leo...she was scared for her life. Leo waited till she was in bed to tell me. He's a smart man. How can we have a junky Walmart one for years that no kid breaks and less than a month after setting up our new one, it gets broken?!??!?! I know I'm emotionally unstable at times (and most of the time lately), but seriously I cried hysterically...I'm so tired of things being broken and smashed and scratched and gouged and otherwise destroyed. Literally we've lost so much stuff this move, that we already don't have money to replace. A couple nights ago I was upset because one of the pressed flower pictures I had made several years ago was broken and then the mat were wrecked so I couldn't even redo it. And then the glass on the other picture was broken as well. And it just goes on and on and on.

So sorry for my ranting, I just needed an outlet.

In happy news (or unhappy if you're my husband) I splurged and bought a new (well, new to me) maternity dress off of ebay for my little sister's wedding. It's red and it's silk, what's not to love??!?! And it was only $20 including shipping. Hopefully it will fit. Now I need to go finish paying bills, now that I've calmed down a bit.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

How did she break it? And what do you mean by "break?"

Lynn said...

Oh wow! There's no need to read between the lines here. I am not surprised you ended up crying hysterically. I would have done the same thing.....and HAVE done the same thing. I wish I could take it all away for you.

But hey! You found an awesome hot red dress and for CHEAP! That totally rocks. If anyone says that shopping for something new when times are rough, makes things seem just a teeny tiny bit better.....have NO clue what rough times mean. HA ha.

Can't wait to see a pic of the new dress!

P.S. That is good news about Ana's arm. THe one that's broken already I mean.. ; )

Lynn said...

Oops! I meant to type "If anyone says that shopping for something new when times are rough, DOESN'T make things better........"

Oh I am sure you know what I meant. Sorry.

Kayli said...

Poor Kami. I love you.

Rockelle said...

Kami, I have resigned myself to the fact that if we have young kids we dont have nice stuff, at least after we bring it home anyways. I bought a new kitchen table set and we have barely had it a year,,,It LOOK like CRAP.....so maybe I will try again when the youngest is 16!!!!!!!!
but even then...OH well. Sorry it got broke.
Love, Rocki...and ps...Glad you got Ana back. How scary that whole situation was.

Kristi said...

if I was in Utah I would bring you chocolate, and clean your bathroom. or maybe just take your kids for the day. I feel for you. things can only get better, right? hopefully!

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

Hey Kami! I found these on google...i havent tried them out. but hopefully one of them works for you!
Homemade Clog Recipe: Measure 3 tablespoons of common dish soap into a clogged toilet bowl. Let it sit for a few minutes and then try using the plunger. Try to use force when plunging, and plunge at least 10-12 times before looking to see if you've forced the drain open.
Pour a bucket of water... If the snake still doesn't let you flush the toilet successfully, this is what finally did it for me. This step can also be used before the plunger in the case of a very small clog, but works well as a last step with a stubborn clog. Get a normal sized bucket and fill it between 1/8 and 1/4 of the way full with warm water. When the water in the toilet is at its lowest point (usually with clogged toilets, very little water is left in the bottom), pour the water directly into the hole-in-the-bowl from about waist-high. The pressure of the water being poured into the bowl does a surprisingly good job at disloding the remaining clog. You may need to
repeat this step once or twice.
http://www.naturalmomsblog.com/eight-green-ways-to-unclog-your-toilet.html

Our children are the future said...

Well... honestly I don't feel so bad anymore, I have been the same or worse!!! I also didn't do cleaning this week b/c the whole week I was busy, also I am doing the new beginnings and I already have an agenda made, I could have sent it to you, so I am truly sorry and ideas, things already written down for the girls to say... everything is ready since last year!! but I am still freaking out!!! I hate when people ask me:"that baby still inside??" well, is not like I choose to have her and then walk around with a belly if she is not out that means that I am still pregnant!! and people have kind of stopped asking me this question since I respond so badly!!! don't worry, you are pregnant and in the last trimester, I hope everything went well with the external version!!! Take care and say to everyone!
P.S: I was thinking about posting my anger thoughts but I haven't even gotten the chance to do so but trust me I will... I am so tired of everything right now!