Sunday 7 February 2010

Eight Random Tidbits

1. Happy day---my version worked on Thursday!!! Yahooo!!!!!! The doctor tried three times to turn the little stinker and he didn't budge an inch, and the doctor was about ready to give up, but at my prodding he tried once more and hallelujah, the baby turned!!!! It's even more amazing because my amniotic fluid is low (again) and so that makes a version much more difficult. They're making me see a perinatologist on Tuesday about it actually. Ruff. I think that's just my normal. But whatever. I am much more sore this time, but I spent four hours sleeping after the version in the hospital, and it was a beautiful sunny day, so it was kind of like a mini vacation.

2. For Family Home Evening this year we're studying the Old Testament, and since Ana just got back, we just started. I thought for our introduction to it last week, it would be fun to get everybody Spanish copies of the new translation of the Bible. Leo's been wanting one since they came out and it's been on our to buy list for a while. So Ana and Leo received a triple combination and the bible, and I got just the bible since I already had a triple combination in Spanish. Anyway, I bought Leo's triple and my bible from the discount table (they had somebody's name inscribed on them). But I didn't look that close, and I bought Leo one in Italian on accident. He thought it was pretty funny, and asked if that was a hint for him to learn Italian.

3. In sad news, I've been buying some meat to have on hand in our deep freezer (a couple things of hamburger that I cut up in smaller sizes, a few roasts that were on sale for a good price, and a cooked ham that I cubed and put in baggies) and today I went to get some bacon for our dinner tonight, only when I picked it up I realized it wasn't frozen. Yeah, all the meat in there had to be thrown away, because although I plugged in the deep freezer I didn't check the dial temperature and it was on the lowest setting. And this catastrophe is nobody's fault but my own. So sad.

4. Neuvo Comienzos, (New Beginnings), went really well tonight. It was nothing spectacular, but for having one week to plan, it was pretty nice. The girls were extremely giggly during their skit but at least they all showed up.

5. Oh, and my new dress---it's no longer a dress. Yeah, it was too short, so I cut it off and am in the process of hemming it by hand to make a shirt. But it will still be nice for Lindsay's wedding, so I'm not too upset. In fact, I figured I had a large probability of that happening, and that's at least one good thing about maternity clothes, they're pretty much shapeless bags anyway so altering them is a simple matter.

6. We bought a couch!!!! Yeah!!! And it was only $100, so since Leo said I could spend $200, I still have money to buy a chair to go in our living room too. We're picking it up on Wednesday. I am very excited, because frankly, in my very pregnant state, it's a bit hard sitting on the floor (and getting up off the floor) all the time.

7. I took Isabel to the doctor on Friday because she just wasn't geting any better and sure enough, she has an ear infection. Thank heavens for antibiotics--already she is so much happier. Leo on the other hand is not feeling well and went to bed early. Sigh.

8. Leo installed more RAM into our computer. I am loving it!! Last night I had the publisher program open and multiple windows open on the internet and could still search for things quickly!!! Yeah!!
With that I have other things to do tonight, so farewell. Buenas noches.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Your life is one big party, no? : D

I am SO happy that baby was finally turned for you. That is AWESOME!

And that you have a new couch......pictures?? Please?

Can't wait to see what you've done with your new dress/shirt too. I bet it looks great! I still am in awe of your costume sewing skills.

P.S. How come you had to throw the meat out? I heard that if you cook up the entire contents of thawed out freezers that you can then save them by just putting them all back into the freezer once they are cooked. I could be wrong. I just feel SO bad for you. ; S