Monday 11 August 2008

Isabel

For all those I can't afford to mail birth announcements to, here's your copy. I made it myself and I was actually pretty mad because the font at the bottom that says "welcomed with love. . ." came out fuzzy when I had a few printed out. Next time I'll have to make the whole design bigger to avoid that I think. Oh, and I noticed a trend in our family: Ana, Elena, Isabel. Now if we have another girl next, should I name her Orphelia or Octavia? And then continue with Ursula? I suppose I could keep the trend with boy names too: Orlando (after Leo's dad of course) and then Ullysses. Hee. Hee. Just kidding, I wouldn't do that to my poor children. It was just a thought.

Also concerning Isabel's name, my sister Andrea was mocking me for bucking the trend in our family right now. Her, Kayli, and my sister-in-law Brooke were all pregnant with boys, (Kayli just had her baby by the way) and they are all apparently naming them church-related names. Kayli already did so--Talmage Jack. Andrea and Tim are cruel and are naming their boy Brigham Young. Yes, you just read that right. Poor child. And I heard the rumor from Andrea that Brooke and Derek were thinking of Ammon. (Personally, I think Derek should go with what he always used to tease about and really name him Teancum--that would turn a few heads.) Anyway, I just have to say that I may have bucked the trend by having a girl, but she does have a church-related name. There's the harlot Isabel in the Book of Mormon. I'm not likely to bring that up with her much though. :)

In other news, NOBODY even tried to guess what were still my goals or not. Sigh. I feel so unloved. Anyway, I've given up learning Russian. So that knocks out reading War and Peace in Russian. Although very far-fetched, I'm leaving learning Arabic still on the list. (Someday I'll be an archaeologist in Iran--it still could happen.) And I'm definitely going to hang glide someday. As for going to Mongolia, I just talked to someone from Mongolia on Sunday and she said I could come visit her there and stay with her family and she would take me to all the best sites!!!!! I was SOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!! She's my little sister's roommate and so we're practically best friends already, right? She's pretty cool, she even worked for the church translating parts of the Bible and the rest of the triple combination into Mongolian. I don't know her name, but who's to quibble over details? And as for learning Mongolian, that was never on my list, but I did know how to say "I love you" in Mongolian once, but unfortunately, I've since forgotten. Now I have contacts in Mongolia, China, Jordan, and England. If only I had the money to travel and take them up on their offers of a place to stay and tours. Sigh.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Love the birth announcement you made. That picture of her is the best!
That's funny about the names in your family. My baby sister named her first daughter Isabel. Isabel Eden. As in the garden of Eden. AND.....I have a friend who DID name her son Teancum. LOL! Poor kid gets teased a lot at school about his name. However, some now think it is cool.
I wouldn't even dream of trying to guess your goals. They are some pretty awesome goals! I just read Andrea's blog yesterday. Your sister's roommates name is Sanna. She looks like she is the happiest person ever. What a cool opportunity she had for translating.. You do have some great contacts in the world. Hope you can travel to all those places....and if you have any room in your suitcase.......: D

The Haws Family said...

Yeah, her name is Sainbayar, actually, but none of us can really do that justice. So we call her Saina. She's pretty much awesome--last night at FHE we went mini-golfing at Cherry Hills,and she had never been before, and she beat us all. (well, the few in our two groups) by quite a bit. Quite depressing. I was a good ten points off par. Even more depressing. Haahaa, it was lots of fun though!

Brooke said...

We are actually not naming our boy Ammon, but I don't know if I am allowed to tell yet or not. But the middle name is still Lloyd (after great-grandfathers on both sides).

LaVerle said...

Kami -Your dad has a cousin, Duane, who has a son named Teacum.

Hanah said...

Heheh, sorry I read your goals and thought they were great, but even though you asked to guess which ones were still goals, it must have been the time of night when I read it, but it didn't occur to me to Actually guess. lol :D In my Texas ward there is a woman who is pretty up there on the scale of things, who named her son Teancum. And he is the biggest little red headed boy for his age, I have ever seen. I think the name fits him. I like Ammon too. We're actually reading about him right now in the B.O.M. :D Thanks for the information about the tutu's.