Sunday 24 August 2008

A Concert at a Park

Saturaday night we went to a free concert over in Schaumberg of the Chicago Symphonic Pops Orchestra. I loved it!!! I do wish they would have done more numbers without singing though, and Leo completely agrees. But it was fun, and free, which is the best part of it really. Anyway, they did songs from High School Musical, West Side Story, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and a bunch of patriotic ones, including Battle Hymn of the Republic--which I loved!! (Although it wasn't as good as my mom's choir singing it!! I LOVE that arrangement!) Leo's favorite was the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme. Ana's favorite was playing on the rock sculpture and that Elena connived cookies off some ladies near us that she got to eat too. Elena and Isabel had no comments.
I decided to try uploading my own videos here too. Please be patient with their quality until I get the hang of it.

And just for another random story, Leo was talking to the nursery leaders at our ward today (the guys in charge of watching the kids ages 18 months to 3 yrs old at church ) and they were gushing that Elena is such a doll. Hmmm... I find her cute a lot of the time, but once you hear her shriek, the whole doll thing goes out the window. They said that she was really sweet and if any other kid was crying, she would come over and try to give them a toy to make them happy. They also told him about another little boy that bullies most of the other children, and while he makes most of the kids cry, Elena just gets mad. Today they had to be seperated when fighting over a toy, and they said Elena was holding her own and "shaking" with anger. Kind of not so amusing to me as I see her that way a lot, but fairly impressive because literally, he is twice her size.

Also I found out that my background and header are not uploading on my blog because I've exceeded the bandwidth. Errr.... I have to find a new site that allows url linking for free, so until I do, sorry my blog is so bland.



2 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm so sad, it says your videos are no longer available. I hope you try again. There's nothing like Video closest to real life.

You seem to live in a place that has quite a few cool free park functions. How nice that would be. What a great way to expose the kids to all kinds of culture.

Hanah said...

Kami, I have to agree about the "less singing" too, and I only heard a snippet of it.lol :D I find my blog backgrounds at www.thecutestblogontheblock.com They have free backgrounds, you just have to change your blog to the "minima" template, to load the one you want. The great thing is it is soo easy to change your background without losing any link or any other information like some of them out there. Just thought I'd share. :) Good for Elena standing up to that little bully!