Tuesday 5 August 2008

Sewing

Remember those Renaissance costumes I was talking about? Here's how far I've got:

These are the chemises, shifts, or underdresses, or whatever else you may want to call them. Mine are not historically accurate (that's a big deal to a lot of people I've discovered) because first of all, I didn't hand sew them--yeah, like that's ever going to happen. And second, I used elastic at the wrists. Oh, and they're cotton not linen. It's pretty interesting all the stuff I've learned though. I'll tell you more about it later, right now, I'm off to sew some more.

And on another note, remember all that stuff about Kayli in my last post? Well, I didn't write that, she edited my post without my knowledge. That's rather risky since I know her password as well. What fun stuff can I add to hers? Hmmm. . .

3 comments:

The Haws Family said...

Kami---I just caught up on about three of your posts--LOVED the pictures! I'm sad you're doing all that fun stuff without me, I wanna come back! Looks like a blast though, and the costumes look great. Man, the 'underclothes' are cool enough for me! Good thing you have more ambition than I do. Have a great day.Your long lost sister(who is far superior to your other sister who, although redheaded, maliciously defiled your blog)

Hanah said...

hahah, I'm sure you love your sister, but I just thought you wrote all that stuff as a funny kind of joke that was between the two of you. That's hilarious that she actually did it. Sounds like something my sisters would do too. :D Your costumes are coming along great!

Lynn said...

LOL! You two crack me up. How gullible am I??!!!

Love your sewing talents. WAY COOL~!