Friday 28 December 2007

A Day

These photos are rather unrelated to anything, but such is life. This is the "tent" we made in our living room a couple days ago that Ana got to sleep in.
The inside of our tent.
Ana was so excited about getting her heelies (her Christmas present from her biological mom) that she had to put them on after bathing and getting in her nightgown. What a goose.
Ana insider her tent with "Mr. Alex."
Elena, studiously reading inside the tent.

My dad always told us when we left the house in the morning, "Have a day!" Profound, isn't he? Anyway, here's my day today.

I woke up tired. I stayed up last night watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I don't think it was as good as sleep would have been.

Elena was throwing up in her bed. Showered, made breakfast, walked out the door before eating breakfast to pick up our babysitter, praying that she wouldn't be mad about me having her babysit while Elena's throwing up everything.

Arrived back home, picked up Leo, let him drive to the airport while I ate my cold egg-in-the-basket. Dropped off Leo. Drove to an adoption appointment with the home study people. Good news! We've been approved for a foster care license and we just have to wait for one final appointment to proceed with the rest of the procedure of adopting. (I'll have to call our lawyer to find out exactly what that procedure is.--One step at a time!) Finished the appointment and drove home; it was snowing all morning and now the roads were slick and I slid quite a bit.
Arrived back home, ate a banana because I felt a little nauseous, woke up Elena who promptly began throwing up and took the babysitter home. Stopped at the store to buy pedolyte and drop off Harry.

Ana on her sled.

Came back home, and this part was nice, cuddled Elena and tried to soothe her while she threw up all the pedolyte she drank--twice--but then she started keeping it down. Dozed on the couch with Elena while Ana played outside in the snow. Ana was so excited to try out her new sled and build a snowman! Unfortunately her snowman had a grim end when some kids in the complex knocked it down. After her tearful tale of a lost carrot nose, I decided I better spend some time cuddling my other daughter. Elena was still tired and fell back asleep in her crib so I went outside and helped Ana build a family of snowpeople. The maintenance guy happened by at a fortuitous time and helped lift one middle section up for us too. (I should take them some chocolates!) I am not very strong at all, I have to admit.

Our snow family.

After becoming sopping wet and cold, we came inside, drank hot chocolate, after which Ana informed me she wasn't feeling well. Sure enough, she had a fever. She spent the rest of the day laying on the couch drinking pedolyte. I started reading her the Farthest Away Mountain and she and Elena both fell asleep on the couch with me--another nice moment. I have to admit I finished reading the book after putting them in bed tonight. Then I washed Elena's sheets, bathed the kids and put them to bed. And after finishing the book, I am now blogging happily away. I DO have to go do the mountainous piles of dishes in the kitchen though. But all's well because Leo gets home tonight around 2330 and is home for three DAYS!!! Yahoo!!!! And my sister's coming to visit for New Year's!!! Yahoo again!!! Well, I better go clean up this mad house that I've been ignoring all day before Leo arrives, but in case I'm not back on before the New Year, Happy New Year everyone!!!

Another random photo, but Elena is just so cute, I love how little but big she is.

3 comments:

Hanah said...

Wow, Kami what a day!! I'm sorry that your cute girls are sick! but atleast they have a great mom to take care of them. It's those sweet little moments that make being a mom, and all the hardwork that goes with it worthwhile. :D That's so great that Leo will be home! Happy New Years!!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.