Thursday 6 December 2007

For Lindsay, During Finals

Lindsay, this is to give you something to look at while your brain is frying during finals. Enjoy.Ana took this picture, and I thought it was cute how Elena's peeking around me to look at Ana. Elena fell asleep in her high chair the other day, I tried to wake her back up, which resulted in the crying picture you see. She promptly fell back to sleep afterwards. I wish she'd go to sleep now, she's been crying in her crib for the last half an hour.
Elena likes to eat dirt. And blue lollipops. I gave her the lollipop to keep her from eating dirt. (Poor Elena, crying because she got in trouble!)
Elena sometimes likes to stand outside, and despite my hasty retreat to the warmth of our apartment, she squawks till I let her stay out. These are all taken after we walked Ana to school.
I love this picture! So sweet! Although Elena almost looks like she's grimacing instead of smiling. :)
Ana is crazy!!! She's never cold! (I always am!) And the other day when it snowed (much more than in this picture) she was outside at 7 in the morning playing in the snow in her pajamas. Apparently that's a trend because here she is in her pajamas again. She was impressed with the chunk of ice she found. After the last storm dropped something like 5 inches (my estimation), it's been impossible to walk to school and back with her, she is constantly jumping, trudging, throwing, rolling, etc, in the snow. I am a nasty old woman when it comes to snow and was quite severe the other day when a snowball of hers hit me in the face, really I don't care that she threw one at me, I just didn't want to be any colder. I'm ready for spring and have been contemplating moving back to Florida or Arizona for the winter since the first time I had to scrape my car this week. Yuck. Icky snow. It was pretty the first day though, I have to admit. Now, I think palm trees would be prettier.

In other news, Elena finally went to sleep. Mom sent me a birthday presents--black boots!! They're perfect, Mom has such good taste. I also received a Christmas present from my parents, a huge block of chocolate!!! Dark chocolate!!! Literally it's like five pounds or more, I don't really know, but anyway it's for making Christmas chocolates. I can't wait!! English Toffee, Nanimo bars, chocolate centers, peanut clusters, carmels, almond joys, and new this year, I'm going to try making truffles. Yummm!!!!!!!! Well, the laundry needs folding, the dishes aren't done, and I need to do the ironing so I really should be going. But instead, I think I'll write more, I mean at least the laundry is all washed, nobody needs those clothes ironed for a while, I did finish designing a shirt for my sister Amy today, I finished designing a Christmas card for my sister Andrea too, and I did go grocery shopping, so it's not like I haven't done anything today. Oh, and most amazingly, I worked out. Yes, and it's official now, I am a wimp. I was mildly in shape for a while, but now all that is in the past again. Sigh. I barely made it though a workout I did with no problems when I was nine months pregnant. Pathetic, eh? On that depressing note, adieu!

4 comments:

Kayli said...

CUTE CUTE pictures. Your girls are beauty-full!!!

Kayli said...

Hazel said, "Look, that's when Elena helped make dinner."
and "Look, that's when Elena brushed her teeth all by herself." Must have thought the blue was toothpaste. Ha ha.

The Haws Family said...

I loved it, thanks Kami! Now I will go study some more. Actually, I have to go watch Hailey and Cassidy for an hour while Lindsay Ann has a work meeting. My friend did my nails today and I wish I had a camera so you could see how good they look. They are red and silver and white. Christmasy. ALSO I am so glad you like the boots---I have the same pair. Unfortunately, mom won't let me wear them until they open them on Christmas. Bah-humbug. But I was there, and mom asked me if you would like them...so I'm glad you do. Love you!

Anonymous said...

nice shirt Kami!!

D and B