Wednesday 2 January 2008

Only on Facebook!

Well, what a New Year's! My sister Kayli's family came from Indiana to visit and the whole first night they were here I spent over the toilet trying to understand how anyone could be bulimic. Then the next day, Leo had it. I was feeling better by that afternoon and went to the New Year's Eve party we had been invited to without him. Poor Leo. Kayli and Brett enjoyed it a lot, that is until Ethne began vomiting. They left around 11 PM, but Ana and I stayed till after 1 AM. That's the latest I've been out for, well, a very long time. I came home to find Brett bent over the toilet. And then of course Jethro had it by morning and during their long drive home. Muy mal. What a rotten visit for them. I really wish it had gone better. Hopefully they still had a little fun. At least they were able to see Leo a little bit--they had begun teasing me that he didn't exist since he's never around.

Hazel's funny, she has this habit of plopping herself on any available lap, storybook in hand, expecting you to read it to her.
Hazel and Me
Ana and Jethro were running around and Ana was struck by an attacking wall, blooding her nose and splitting her lip. I think the wall won that round.
This is where Facebook begins to tie in. Kayli peer pressured me into joining Facebook a while ago and well, it's been rather fun. I've heard from quite a few high school friends and relatives. Then when Kayli was here, she was searching with Brett for people he went to high school with, which led me to (of course) search for anyone Leo went to high school with. And I found one. His best friend from high school in fact--Andrei. After twisting Leo's arm to write Andrei a message (my Spanish is not so premium), I became "friends" with Andrei on Facebook. Hee. Hee. And guess what I found on his site? Yep, these pictures of mi honey. He's in the very top right corner of the one above and well, the cutest guy in the picture below. Andrei is beside him with his tongue sticking out. I also found amongst Andrei's friends other kids Leo went to school with, including a girl he said was arrested for placing a bomb on a bus. Yeah, glad Leo no longer lives in Colombia. I also found several cousins of Leo's, the disparity among them is also amusing. He has a cousin that's a Christian Pop singer (en español of course) in CA and another back in Colombia who has a drink in hand in every single picture of himself. Life is funny where it takes you, eh? Facebook is funny that way too.

1 comment:

Hanah said...

Kami you look so cute!! I was wondering if you were prego from your last post, about feeling kind of nauseous, but I guess it's just that yucky flu?. Sorry everyone was sick, and poor Ana's little lip. I love those younger pictures of Leo, they're great! I always love to see what people looked like when they were younger. :)