Wednesday 5 September 2007

Leo in Uniform

The other day when Leo arrived home for work I asked if I could take a picture of him in his uniform. He said no. So instead I took pictures of him undressing while he studiously ignored the camera. Ha. Ha. Who had the last laught there. Me. That's right. One picture is all I asked, and now he's plastered over the internet undressing. The orange picture is his hand, by the way.Really, Leo should have let me take a picture of him, because now I remembered this jem of a picture. This is Leo several years ago at the library at ASU. (I thought you were supposed to be studing at the library?!?) His friends dressed him up--it's Frank Juarez's jacket (his motorcycle riding friend), Nassar's terrorist sunglasses (That's what he called them--as a joke. He's from Jordan, and dances salsa amazingly, Leo and I went to a club with him and his sister once.) And Bilal's cigarette (Bilal was from Pakistan; we had a deportation party for him when he graduated and his student visa ended.) They always said Leo was their hit man from the Colombian cartel and should knock off their thermodynamics professor. I think because Leo was the least likely to hurt a fly (but then I'm his wife.)
Since I couldn't add Büne Huber to my music on this blog, here's a link to one of their songs, so at least you can listen to their fabulous music. It's one of my favorite songs; it's pretty amazing how well I can sing along to it since I don't speak German. Actually parts are in Spanish and I can sing some lines for real there. Leo laughs at me a lot when I sing along to songs in languages I can't speak. He often corrects me when they're in Spanish too. Oh well. One of the benefits of listening to songs in other languages is that you don't know what they're talking about. Or if they swear a lot. For example, one of the songs that plays on this blog is La Camisa Negra by Juanes. It swears a lot. I actually picked out one myself. (Should I be proud of that? Probably not, but it's pretty rare for me to understand anything, soooo...) Anyway, it's kind of subtle because the word miercoles is the word for Wednesday and a pretty bad cuss word. That's why I knew it, they warn you of that in Spanish 101. Juanes uses it in the song so it could be taken both ways. Leo did inform that it swears a whole lot more as well. Do I care? No, not at all. I don't understand it, I just like the music. Hee. Hee. Another song I like is called Marieta; according to Leo it sings about a woman Marieta who bemoans the fact that whenever she dances she wakes up in someone else's bed. Do I care? Nope. Don't understand a word, besides Marieta and baila. So it's just good guitar cords to me. Life is good in a language you don't understand. :)

2 comments:

Hanah said...

Kami I LOVVE that picture of Leo that is so hilarious!! To see him as a gangsta, and also for you to get your revenge for him not letting you take a picture. It was soo funny!! I can just picture you following him around with your camera!

The Haws Family said...

Kami. You rock my socks off. Lindsay