Thursday 6 September 2007

Chef Kami


I felt like a chef the other day. I made salad dressing. Salad dressing is one of those things that equates to chef in my mind. It didn't last long. I tasted it, and it was good, definitely worth keeping (it has all sorts of yummy herbs from mint to oregano and dill) but the garlic was much too strong again, and no I didn't add garlic heads this time. I'm thinking the size of the cloves probably makes a big difference as well. Anyway, next time I'll add a little less garlic. I also canned some peaches. That really doesn't make me feel like a chef, more like a Morman wife trying to get a year's supply a food. I didn't get far--only 7 jars. And I know the peaches weren't ripe enough. Oh well. It was my very first time canning anything. I guess the real test will come when we open one and taste it. They look alright though. In other news, one of my favorite things about having a daughter is when she wakes up in the morning. I think my sister Kayli just recently posted pictures of her daughter in the morning too. Seriously, it's the best time of the day. I just lounge around in bed for a half hour and laugh and play with Elena. She's always so happy then. It's so adorable!

Elena likes to stand up in her high chair. She never will sit in it. In fact if I do her little belt up, she wiggles out and stands up again. Once she tried crawling out onto the table and a couple times she's sat on the tray and then fell back into the seat with her feet sticking out. (I wish I had a picture of that!) Luckily she's never fallen out onto the ground, despite sticking one foot over the edge constantly. What a goof ball. And here I was not a chef at all, I was just feeding her yogurt. She likes it. She also likes to chew on her high chair, I guess that's the downside of having a wooden one. I told my mom that Elena likes to chew on things: books, toys, her high chair, clothes, me; and my mom laughed far too hard and said that I *never* did anything like that. That's of course why I still file my nails every minute because I just bit them off to the bone, or why I carry metal pens because I chew the plastic ones to shreds. Yeah. Now you know my dirty secrets. Sigh. :(

3 comments:

The Haws Family said...

Elena is getting way too big! You need to fly down and visit again, so I can reacquaint myself with her again. The pictures are adorable! Too cute.

Hanah said...

Wow Kami or should I say Martha Stewart I am soo impressed!! :) I always thought you were a great cook anyways, but making salad dressing, that really is a chef thing to do, and canning. That is something I really want to learn how to do. Good Job for you!!

Timothy Young said...

The movie's called Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. And it's not me supporting Andrea's wish to name a son Brigham- it's the other way around.