Friday 18 May 2007

Emeline and Elena






So here's pictures of my daughter and my niece who is a month older. Emeline and Elena are so funny though because they are so different. Emeline holds herself stiff as a board, Elena has been described as "holding jello" and "squishy." It's really something that you'd have to hold both kids to experience, but it is really weird. They're both pretty darn cute though. You can see in the pictures where Emeline started to cry because Elena touched her and then Elena started to cry because Emeline was. It was funny.

I have to say that when little kids get hurt it bothers me a lot more now. I used to be like, "Oh, if it doesn't kill them, they'll be fine." But lately, I find myself almost in a panic. Like when my niece Hailey (18 months) walked behind my sister Lindsay (18 yrs) who was swinging as high as she could and got knocked over. I was sitting on the swing beside Lindsay and saw it a little too close without being able to stop Hailey. And my nephew Cowen who fell off a playground today and had a bloody nose that was literally gushing (remember I'm a nurse and have seen many bloody noses) all down the front of his face and shirt. And then Hailey was standing on the ground but was leaning forward between the car door, which slides closed automatically, and when it was closing she wasn't cluing in to move out of the way but leaned in even further and the door was closing on her, lucky it has a sensor and stops. I didn't know that at the time though and it was squeezing her before it did stop. Anyway, it nearly gave me a heart attack. Crazy kids.

Yesterday I helped plant my sister's garden and today I helped paint my other sister's goat house and chicken coop and helped tie my sister-in-law's quilt. It was fun. But I think I may need a vacation from my vacation, as they say.
Well have a excellent day.

2 comments:

Kayli said...

gosh kami those are sad stories, but just wait till your 1 year old daughter falls off the balcony. not fun. not fun at all.
cute pics of the babies. Do they sit up yet?
Kami, when are you coming out here? I promise I won't make you paint anything, or plant anything, or sew anything, or ANYTHING!! (unless you're dying to help, because you're so used to it now it's become ingrained into you and you'll feel terrible guilt unless you do).
Have a good day. Have I ever mentioned I'm so glad you blog?

Anonymous said...

HI!!!!! This is Michael Hart I didn't read all you stuff cause I am at work, but I wanted to tell you that Bob and I are making a Family site www.lloydslegacy.com
K see you later!
P.S. You can go to my site too