Wednesday 18 September 2019

Evermore


Since we had our awesome elvish costumes, I wanted to take the kids SOME where in them, and so I was looking at the Utah Renaissance Faire at Thanksgiving Point.  To be honest, I was less than impressed with that last time we went.  So on my internet search I ran into Evermore Park.  Basically a really amazing, historically well done LARP park.  It immediately made it to my must do this summer list.  Leo isn't a fan of dressing up, so we happily compromised and he stayed home with Efraim, Jubal and Russ (my nephew we were watching that weekend) and I took the older kids including Will my other nephew to Evermore.  It was so fun!!!  I really, really recommend if: a. you like dressing up (EVERYBODY is dressed up, we were not even out of place at all, even in the extensiveness of our costumes), b. your kids are imaginative and like pretend games, or c.  you want to buy poutine in the States.

The kids were all mesmerized during a reptile and bird show.  It was actually pretty interesting and entertaining.



They loved axe throwing.  I tried it, it was fun!!

And the guy was impressed with my kids' archery abilities.  This was Sebastian's shots but Elena did even better.  The type of bow was throwing them off a little too.


These were the trolls that lived under the bridge.


The way cool dragon--the park's attention to detail was fantastic.  I loved that part of it.  In the dragon room it's incredibly hot because it's a fire breathing dragon.  :)
Nicolas loved axe throwing.  We had to go back several times.

The hobbit hole.

One of the dragon trainers.  We also met a knight and went on a quest for him.  And met some Elven Rangers.  And dwarves.  If you answered questions or did a trick or performed a song, they would give you gold and you could trade the gold in for other things.  They had a much more complex LARP type game going on, but my kids (ISABEL) didn't have patience to sit and listen to anyone or anything.  At the very end of the night we were going to pay some gold to a guy so he would perform magic tricks for us but he was busy in the bigger LARP type game so another guy showed us balancing coins on your arm and then catching them.  He said he would give a prize to anyone that could do it, and then Lando did it on his first try!!!  We were all amazed (but not surprised when it was beginner's luck).  

1 comment:

Kayli said...

But why so many reptiles?! :(