Sunday 8 September 2019

Hiking to Rockwell Falls


So the last day at Glacier we were all worn out and grumpy so we decided to stay in the Two Medicine area instead of driving anywhere.  That was smart.  What was not smart was that we decided to hike to Rockwell Falls.  It was a six to seven mile hike.  The kids had done hikes like that in Southern Utah a couple of years ago no problem and we didn't think it would be that bad.  It was bad.  The kids were not happy.  Sebastian broke down in tears twice because people said there were moose further along on the trail and we never saw them.  Everyone whined and complained.  And Leo and I had to take turns carrying Jubal the whole way back.  We hit a waterfall not that far into the hike and we should have just turned around then, in fact I ignored the impression I had to do just that.  Stupid me.  And again, it just wasn't worth it.  Sebas cheered up when he caught handfuls of toads.  And the kids were kept relatively happy after a lady showed us huckleberries and then we ate them the rest of the way.  But overall, we should have just gone back to camp and played in the lake.  Even in the idyllic picture above I was literally yelling at my kids to get in a line so I could take this picture.  Isabel is having a hard time listening this summer and it's so annoying when she's one of the oldest and one of the ones causing problems.  Errr....but I guess the picture was worth it.  I made dinner after we got back and Leo took the kids to a bakery that was blah.  And then a few went swimming in the lake but by that time it was so late in the evening that it was really cold--so we should have hiked the short hike and gone swimming earlier, everyone would have been so much more happy.  But oh well, such is life.  Live and learn.  And I should follow promptings better.  Oh, and we should have taken our swimsuits everywhere so the kids could swim in whatever falls we were at.  Surprisingly, the drive home the next day went really smooth.  We stopped at Wyatt's for a delicious roast chicken dinner and I picked up 5 boxes of patterns.  And the kids were just mellow the whole way home.  And we got home really late--about midnight.  It was a long two weeks, let me tell you. 












1 comment:

Kayli said...

I love the bridge! And it was beautiful falls. And those handfuls of frogs were disgusting.