Sunday 8 September 2019

Hiking Highline Trail


The second day at Glacier we hiked about 4 miles (2 miles one way and then back) on the Highline Trail.  It was my favorite trail by far!!! I would love to be able to hike the whole thing.  As it was, the kids were tired of driving--we got stuck in construction driving there--and were very whiney.  Sigh.  We stopped on the trail for nutella sandwiches and got comments from several different hiking groups going by on what a lovely family we had.  Then Jubal pooped his pants and Elena was trying to help him and he was running around half naked and nasty (I was back further on the trail finishing up my sandwich).  And when I arrived, I got some nasty glares because of how not lovely my family was.  So luckily I had my now empty bread bag to stash Jubal's undies in after washing them out in the waterfall and then a made Jubal sit in the freezing cold water--yes he cried--and washed him off, and then he just went commando the rest of the day.  Yay.  I swear this trip was so rough.  Not really because of this, but just all the kids were squabbling non stop, Leo was surly, and we just didn't plan our time well--too much time driving and too much hiking, we should have just let the kids play at the campsite or a lake more.  That last one was kind of my fault, I want to see it ALL.  As it is, I would love to go back without kids or at least older kids so I could hike some longer hikes like the Highline and Iceberg Lake.  But it just wasn't worth it--I'm just writing this to make a reminder for myself for next time.   And then  Jubal disappeared at the visitor center, and then Isabel disappeared.  Stressful.  Anyway, I LOVED Highline Trail, and then we drove the rest of Going-to-the-Sun Highway and went home early so I wouldn't be making dinner in the dark. 


This is the waterfall where the unfortunate poo incident happened.










No comments: