Thursday 19 September 2019

Ft. Bridger Rendevous


Leo once again did not really want to dress up, so I just took the kids myself on Friday because on Saturday we went to Bear Lake and met up with family there.  I had stayed up till four the night before sewing Nicolas's and Sebastian's shirts and then I was pretty angry because I think the pattern was poorly sized, so I'm going to have to unpick the cuffs and collars and redo them--probably at 4AM before the next time we go.  I also worked a lot on Elena's and my dresses.  I started Elena's dress for Ana years and years ago, and so it was way too big for Elena around the waist so I had to unpick a lot and resize it.  Then my dress I started two years ago and I've since lost a ton of weight and so I had to resize that too, Only it's so wonky in the bodice now that I really just need to unpick it and redo the bodice completely.  I have extra fabric so I definitely could--again probably at 4 AM before the next Ft. Bridger Rendevous.  Anyway, despite being tired, we had a good time,  We shopped for the boys' hats, and a few accesssories--I think I'll keep adding to our costumes every year because I definitely plan on going every year.  And then we had funnel cake and those curly potato fries and cream soda and root beer.  The kids caught candy in the candy cannon and played in the creek.   All in all a good day.






1 comment:

Kayli said...

Gosh I love this SOOOO much!!
Efraim does look humiliated to be wearing a dress in that one picture, though. HAHAHAHA