Tuesday 6 April 2010

Yogurt-First Attempt

Used the Greek Gods which contained:
S. Thermophilus
L. Bulgaricus
L. Acidophilus
Bifidobacterium
L. Casei

I read that yogurt's that contain many bacteria usually set quicker, but produce more whey. We will see in the morning. Oh, and if you want my recipe for yogurt, all I did was heat whole milk to 98 degrees and then added a small container of plain yogurt, covered it, and then left it in the oven with the door open for the rest of the night at the lowest temperature the oven would go to.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Tell me how it turns out.

I use my wonder box when I make my yogurt by the gallon. Oh.....and also powdered milk. Love it. I also make cheese from my homemade yogurt and also replace sour cream in recipes with my yogurt. Love it.

I would love to see how yours turns out doing it in the oven.

Lynn said...

P.S. I guess I should clarify. I meant that I use powdered milk to make the milk FIRST......and then from that I make the yogurt. ; D

Kayli said...

Kami is a cuckoo...