Sunday 11 April 2010

A few funny things

I just finished watching the latest Star Trek movie. It was good. But then, I like Star Trek. My husband on the other hand didn't like it as well as I did. He said it was too far fetched and unbelievable (yet he's raving about Sherlock Holmes??!?!) and so then we were discussing the merits of Star Trek and then of course Star Wars came up and then Indiana Jones.

Anyway, at one point I made the comment, "Star Wars (the original three) are like The Lord of the Rings, they completely upped the standard for movie making."

To which Leo responded, "Yeah, but Lord of the Rings is still more believable to me than Star Wars."

Ummm..... "Really, how so?"

"Well, I've seen guys riding horses but not beaming places."

Sometimes I love my husband so much!!! No, actually, he was trying to explain that a lot of the Lord of the Rings is rooted in our own mythology and stories, were as Star Wars is just somebody's imagination. Just how he said it made me laugh so hard though.

Ana made me laugh today too. We watched Oliver (the musical--you know, Food, Glorious Food!) and her comment about Bill Sykes was, "I'm sure glad Dad isn't like him." Umm, yeah, me too.

Another funny Ana story--she had to write a description of our family for school and the point of it was to add details. (Also something her teacher told me she needed to work on at parent-teacher conferences.) It was extremely lacking in details so I made her rewrite it, because I'm a mean, horrible parent like that. So she did. Her rewrite was much better with lots of details, and I seriously had trouble keeping a straight face while reading it. I wish I had kept a copy, but in it she compared Sebastian's black hair to Leo's dress pants, and the whole thing went on from there. It was hysterical. I did write down one sentence in particular, but I think Elena, my paper shredding thief, must have got a hold of it, because it's gone. Lo siento.

Anyway, have a good night. Live long and prosper.

No comments: