Thursday 15 April 2010

Goodreads

I have a Goodreads account, because I already kept a list of books I've read (I've done so since I was 13.) and I like to read other book reviews there and get suggestions for other books to read. Anyway, I kept getting friend requests from complete strangers--males--who only had females as friends and no books listed. Ummm... yeah. (And no, I don't feel flattered at all, my sisters said the same thing happened to them. Okay, so maybe we all should feel flattered, I don't know.) So I posted on my profile this:

Twenty-something mom with four kids and the most wonderful, handsome, brilliant husband in the whole Western hemisphere.

It was meant to be a deterrent to all those annoying friend requests. It worked.

Then I recieved this message from someone:

Hi
I am the most handsome, wonderful and brillant man in the western world and we're not married are we? Do you know something I don't because I'm pretty smart and know many things!

Hee. Hee.

And no I didn't become his friend.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Why is my husband talking to you on this site? Because he is obviously the most handsome, wonderful and brilliant man in the Western hemisphere!!! Boy, he is in trouble! JK. That is a funny story, though!

Kayli said...

At first I was confused, but then I figured out you mean FLATTERED, not faltered. Got it. ;)

That dude was awesome for writing that!

Kristi said...

that is so funny!
thanks for sharing!

Lynn said...

LOL!