Wednesday 21 January 2009

Wed. Reminisce: Repulsive

Over the years I've seen people eat a lot of disgusting things. Really, really repulsive. For instance, when we were helping my cousins butcher chickens one time, they were cooking some of the intestines over a fire and daring each other to eat them. And some of them did. I did not. That was disgusting after watching them empty the intestines first. Personally, I had to concentrate hard on not being sick to eat the chicken that night for dinner. Another time, those same cousins offered me Rocky Mountain Oysters. I declined politely. And when they sat on me to try to force me to eat them, I fought with all my strenght to get away. My sister Amy once ate a tarantula's leg that was another cousin's pet. I have no idea how to get this not blue and underlined. Hmmm....

Okay, this is much better. Another time my sister Amy swallowed a goldfish whole at another cousin's wedding (live goldfish for the centerpieces of the table) for twenty bucks. They then paid my cousin's daughter who was maybe 6 or 7 (not sure anyway) one dollar to swallow another goldfish, which she promptly threw up.

Still another time, my sister Amy organized a game of Fear Factor at our family reunion and one of my cousin's kid ate a goldfish, threw it up, ate it again, then threw it up again, picked it up to eat it again, but luckily her mom wouldn't let her. The other things they had to eat were dog food and a huge pepper. My little brother Ethan won. Everyone else had trouble eating the pepper. He calmly ate it bite by bite like he was eating an apple.

Kayli and my cousin Brianboth ate a raw egg on a dare with each other. And they both threw up. Devonee (another cousin) and I almost threw up watching them vomit.

A Young Women's leader of mine who had happened to know one of my cousins when they were in high school, and had had a crush on him, said she helped him capture, kill, clean, and roast a small bird over a fire, and then ate it. Just to try to impress him. Moral of this story, and most of the other ones, don't hang out with my cousins.

My husband Leo has eaten ants before. In Colombia they sell the roasted backend of these huge ants in paper bags like popcorn. He doesn't particularly like them though.

On that note, my little brother Ethan, when he was one or so, ate handfuls of a pile of potato bugs that Kayli, Wyatt and I were gathering. My mom noticed and tried to fish them out of his mouth, but the pile was significantly diminished.

Personally, the most disgusting thing I've eaten voluntarily was on a dare from my brother Derek. He dared me to swallow a minnow whole that we had caught in a creek. I did of course, because it was my brother Derek. Okay, and I did it again to gross out these really annoying girls at girls camp. That was great. Hee. Hee. It's not bad actually, as long as you don't chew. Like Wyatt did.

However, last night topped all of that. I was eating ice cream. Tin Roof ice cream. And all of sudden something was felt odd shaped in my mouth and when I bit on it, it certainly wasn't a peanut. I couldn't bring myself to wash it off to see what it was, although I already had a pretty good idea, so I asked Leo to. He came back and told me what I had suspected was right. It was a bone. This bone in fact.
I seriously had nightmares last night about it. Aggghhhhhhh.........
I may never eat ice cream again. Okay, well, that's not true, but it may take a while. A day or so at least, I mean there's another gallon of mint chocolate chip already in the freezer.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

that was in your icecream?
that is disgusting. you should complain to the company for sure- maybe you would get a lifetime of free icecream- hmm, if you want any more. yuck.

Kami said...

I actually did call the company to complain. They said I could have my money back.

Brooke said...

I'm sorry Kami!! That is nasty!

Hanah said...

That is sooo disgusting!! It reminds me of a time when I had gone to Wendy's and had ordered a crispy chicken sandwich. I was in somewhat of a rush, needing to eat fast, and then get to work, straight from school. Thank goodness I decided to stop and say a prayer, because I had taken one bite, and as I was bringing it to my mouth to take another bite,I decided to look at it really closely, and there was a gigantic hairy booger on it. *DRY HEAVES* To this day I try to avoid Wendys, and will never eat at that one again! :)

Kayli said...

Geez Kami, now everyone's gonna want one.

Lynn said...

WHAT!!!!!???? Ewwwwww!!
I FEEL the queasiness of your stomach.