Thursday 22 January 2009

HELP!

Okay, I need help making a decision. I am so undecisive. I went to Goodwill today to buy a few particular things while Ana was at Activity Days since the store's right by the church. And I hit jackpot. So I need to decide what to take back (since I bought it all to bring home to try on). So help me decide what I should keep and what I should take back. Bear in mind, I should probably take it ALL back.I think this one's a keeper actually, no decision needed to be made there. (At the time I took the picture it was still a debate.) $12.99 Lord and Taylor leather jacket/shirt whatever--it probably cost over $150 new. It's not something I would ever think to buy, but it fits perfectly and looks really cute. Banana Republic $9.99 dress. I love, love, love the material. However, this is one I've since decided on. It's going back--unless someone wants it?? Anyone? Size 12. Adorable. Not faltering to my shape though. This is a cute maternity top, perfect to wear with my black maternity skirt to church. $4.99. This one is still in debate. I have lots of maternity clothes, mostly hand-me-downs and a one time garbage-bag-full buy at a garage sale--so none of it is particularly what I like. Actually, a lot of them I've never worn, because I just don't get that big (well, they took Isabel a month early). Anyway, so this is a truly Kami shirt. Pink. Three quarters sleeves (my favorite). And I love the rouching (sp?). Another maternity top, sort of, it's a dress, but I'll cut it off and hem it to make a shirt. $6.99. I adore it!!! Plus side: it's warm, and I should be pregnant next winter, and it's RED!!! It also doesn't fit like a tent like a lot of maternity tops. Down side: I have to cut it off and hem it and who knows if that will turn out or not.
Maternity jacket. $4.99. Love it. I would love it more if it were red or pink though. Do I really need a maternity jacket? Again, I should be pregnant this winter/fall. But who knows where I'll be living. Hopefully someplace warm. Or Utah. In Utah I could use it. Umm, it's really big though, so it would only fit the last two-three months of my pregnancy. On the other hand, if I get that big, NOTHING else would fit me that I already own.

So there you have it, please vote in my comments section. I have to make any returns within ten days.

Hey and just for the record there were multiple, at least another 5 items I already decided to return despite them fitting and looking good. These last ones were just my favorites and I can't decide between them.

By the way, I did get the things I wanted, with one exception. I bought Ana a sweater to wear to church with a particular skirt. That was a perfect match. I picked up for my mom a few platters and a bunch bowl in her style of cut glass. I picked up a random butter knife to use for crafts. I wanted a shirt to match a teal skirt of mine to wear to church and I found the PERFECT one, only when I tried it on at home it was too tight. That was my exception. Ruff. I love skirts, and I have tons of them, but I really don't have hardly any blouses or sweaters to wear with them. Oh well... maybe another day at Goodwill.

Oh, and as a perk, you all get to see my new haircut I got a week and a half ago. I left it longer for Leo, but I think I like it better than my last shorter style.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Oooooo!!! Shopping fun!! And at GOod Will too! My two favorite things to do.

How cool are you to share pics too!

After going through all the pics and reading your thoughts......I tend to agree with ALL of it.....except the "return" part. LOL! Those shirts AND the jackets look HOT on you! WHat GREAT prices! You found some great deals.

Lynn said...

P.S. Love the hair cut! Too cute.
Does this mean Leo noticed the hair and not the table??? LOL!

Kristi said...

I just went to goodwill yesterday and they have a no return policy. crazy. umm - keep what you love, if you are second guessing it, take it back. I love the maternity jacket! and your hair is really cute.

Kayli said...

Keep it all. I love the jacket. If it were my size I'd take it off your hands. Except the banana republic dress. But definitely keep the pink and red.
I like your hair too.

I think I need to go to the Chicago Goodwill next time I'm there.

Brooke said...

why not just buy an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini?

Doc

Megan said...

Me no likey the blue dress everything else is fabulous. Love the hair cut. Love you.

megan