Wednesday 15 February 2023

Selling our house. Or saddest day ever.

I realize I've posted a lot of photos of our house before, but here are the ones the realtor took.  Eli and Cowen lived in the Bell's popup tent trailer while the Young's were staying.  And I thought it might be fun to show a before (how it was when I first saw it) and an after (once I created the vision I had in my head.)  Our house sold within a week. Also we replaced the light fixture in the living room and the two pendant lights in the kitchen to sell the house, because I wanted to take my Egyptian lights with me. 
I loved my blue door.  So when I was looking at houses desperate to buy one, our realtor Leslie H. drove by this house to tell me that someone was flipping it and it wasn't on the market yet, but would be soon.  But the door had blown open (miracle!) and so we went inside.  The before pictures here are what I saw and I KNEW it was the house to buy.  I snuck in later with Leo that night to show him and he wasn't impressed, but he trusted me.  So yeah, I pretty much designed everything in this house.  It was so fun.  I loved it!!
Before.
After. The deck was new too.  For awhile that back door opened to air.


I loved the brick tile I chose.  

This was the formal dining room that we changed to a library.


Okay, I didn't actually see the kitchen like this, it was completely gutted out when I saw it.



Looking at pictures of my kitchen makes me want to cry.





I don't have a before picture of Elena and Isabel's room but the bookshelves/desks were all my idea.




No before pictures of the gym either, but it was just empty with a cement floor.
Well, this makes me want to build a house again.

No comments: