Wednesday 8 February 2023

Raid Lake and Pyramid Lake, Wind Rivers (the BEST day) 2021 pt. 2

Raid Lake was my favorite part of our whole trip to the Wind Rivers.  The mountains were so stark and imposing.  I loved it.  So yes, over 60 photos in this one post.  Not really sorry at all.  

It's East Park Lakes in the background here.  












It's kind of interesting terrain because there were lakes at all different elevations within sight of each other, like here.  I felt like they should all have drained to the bottom lake, it was weird. 


This was Raid Lake.  We ate lunch there.
And Jared fished.  



Then we hiked over this saddle ridge to Pyramid Lake.

Pyramid Lake and Peak.

Time to rest again. 
And then down the mountain farther to Mays Lake.  
Mays Lake is good for kissing.

Jared and Megan left us before Mays Lake, because Jared wanted to fish some more. 


And she got some gorgeous sunset photos.



I'm not saying we were lost, but we definitely didn't take a direct route back to camp.  I personally was all turned around, which annoyed the heck out of me, because usually I have great sense of direction.
Brett was brave *cough crazy*.  It was cold!
And then we had dinner.
And we sat by the fire till after dark and made ourselves nervous (at least me) when we heard noises that might have been a bear but likely wasn't.

No comments: