Monday 27 August 2018

And last of all--Edwardian.

I love this era--all the Gibson girl, Gilded Age, crazy hats wonderfulness.  So elegant and dramatic at the same time.

I know what I want to make from this era--but the problem is, I'm not sure if I mixing up the outfit correctly.  I want a shirtwaist (below) with a trumpet skirt and maybe a jacket.  But I also want a huge flouncy hat and that doesn't seem they go together.
Edwardian Blouse, ca. 1908Antique Victorian Blouse - 【Belle Lurette】 European French Antique Race Linen Clothing Mail OrderMcCalls patterns from 1906
Those skirts at the bottom.

Four women on an outing to Folkestone in 1910  This photograph was taken by Valentine 44 High Street, Folkestone. | Folkestone is a port town located on the English Channel, in Kent, south-east England
These women are the closest I've found to what I'm picturing.  Miss Potter..♔...  .Quanto mais atenção mais acertos nas decisões. . . ⊰º~Sol Holme~º⊰  º∮⊰ ═════════⊰∮.º

 "This Design by Paul Poiret was in an advertisement for Costume Tailleur in the Journal Femina dated 1906, before the Parisian oriental flamboyant craze arrived instigated by Leon Bakst’s costumes for the the Ballet Russes in 1910."Image result for edwardian hairstyle pics 1905
But I love the jackets on the two above pictures--but no flouncy hat.    :(
1239378_10200387917809278_1952577485_n.jpg (650×879)

And oh my heck, these dresses and even more for the hats!!!
Base of perhaps silk twill or crepe. Les Modes, February 1907.
French fashions from 1908Vintage photo dated 1909

And they're actual dresses not skirt and top, so I don't know.


And then this for Elena:

thehystericalsociety: “  Springfield, OH - 1902 - (Via) ”

1 comment:

Lynn said...

My favourites!!! You already have a flouncy hat like these?? I'm so jealous. You had me at The lacy shirts with those skirts and a form fitting jacket. You'd look perfect in a costume from this era. Post a picture sometime of your flouncy hats! Hope you don't already have them packed. ;) Can't wait to see what you decide to do in the end. This is awesome. Thanks for letting me know.