Wednesday 3 October 2018

It's been so long.....



 

We had an extra long summer because we put an offer on a house and were waiting to close to move in (2 weeks after school started there and three weeks after school started in Rawlins).  I got a bunch of phone calls checking on me to make sure I wasn't a neglectful parent, and anyway, it was all for naught because the house fell through--and we moved into a townhouse.  So we could have done that at the very beginning of the summer and saved ourselves a ton of driving.  Hopefully our house will sometime soon though, and that a house comes on the market here that we like--we haven't really liked any.  In the meantime, I made Frozen Hot Chocolate for my kids one day compliments of Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  So delicious!!  We went for a walk around the Old Pen at sunset.  And we spent an evening drawing in chalk.  Basically the first two weeks of September were crazy for me because I had so much to do yet with the kids all home that doesn't really allow you to do anything but try to keep them busy.  I was packing, trying to sew a wedding dress, and I went through a lot of kids clothes and was throwing stuff out--all that fun moving stuff.  And other things too that I've totally forgotten now. It was hectic anyway.





Helicopter by Sebas

A Farm with Lightening by Nicolas (inspired by his sister Isabel)

Mountain Water by Nicolas

Fairy Godmother by Kami

Hot Cocoa by Isabel

Jet by Leo

Bouquet with Bees by Kami

Farm by Isabel (inspired by Fantastic Mr. Fox)

Mountains by Kami
Victorian Dress by Elena

Peacock by Elena

1 comment:

Kayli said...

I love all your artwork so much! Come paint murals on my walls!