Monday 27 August 2018

Ridiculousness

I should be doing so many other things right now, but I'm obsessing over costumes.  Not the ones I intend to make this fall, oh no, the ones I plan on making over the next couple of years.  And I'm so torn on a few of them, so to distract myself from packing and other meaningful things, I'm posting this.

First, I plan on making my girls and I late 18th century gowns.  I already know what I'm doing for Elena and Isabel. In fact, I've even bought part of the fabric for Isabel's.  The problem is mine!  I can't decide, I want to make them all!

So Elena's is going to be a robe a la francaise.  Like this:

Defining characteristic of this dress being the long trailing part front the upper back of the dress.  Super fancy.  Here's one actually on someone:

Or follow this link.

Isabel's is going to be a robe a l'anglaise like this:



It's going to be like this with a pattern, but bustled like the one below.

And then she really wants a belt like the little girl has and the red belt.


And then there's me.  I love this dress which is a robe a l'anglais:

And then just look at all these gorgeous options of styles:
 

And then there's the chemise a la reine:
  

Or a pierrot jacket (like Kiera Knightly is wearing) or the chintz caracao, not sure which I like better:




It's killing me.  I want it settled.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh my stars Kami! Just taking on such a project.....my hats off to you. Incredible. Whatever you decide I know it will be awesome. I too like the pierrot jacket (like Kiera Knightly is wearing). Oh the shape of it! :)