Saturday 11 August 2018

More summer labs



This was from the Geology Book.  That book involves a lot of cooking, so while geology itself is blah, the book is quite fun.  Here we made "amber" with gummy worms imbedded in.  Only, I had dark corn syrup instead of light, and I didn't bother to buy the light.  So it doesn't look quite right.  But it was yummy anyway.



Another geology lab where we made sedimentary rock.   Also very delicious.
And back to my favorite: art.  They drew a still life with charcoal, pencil and then permanent markers, and then with india ink.  And then we painted the india ink drawing.  It was trying for Sebastian because he was not happy with not being able to erase.  Pretty much he's a perfectionist.  I love seeing how they all turn out differently and even how you can see the different skill levels.  So fascinating.  I was impressed with the outcomes too.  


And then we did the one Elena was begging for since summer began.  We made lip balm with coconut oil, beeswax, and water flavoring.

Peach, lemonade, and watermelon flavors.

If anyone wants to come visit me I have supplies to make oodles more, we could make it with your kids too!

No comments: