Monday 27 August 2018

Next next costumes

  I finally landed on 1875 as my bustle era of choice (it was a huge debate between then and 1885).  To sum up, 1875 is more trailing and a lot more frilly, 1885 is more a huge bustle backside, less frou-frou, and minus the trains.  Basically my problem with this era, is I can't decide what dress style to make either.  I LOVE them all!!!!



Wouldn't a recreation of this dress be AH-MAZING???
Google Image Result for http://www.apparelsearch.com/definitions/DEFINITION%2520IMAGES/1870_fashion_Too_Early_Tissot_Detail.jpg
But this pink and red dress????  I love pink and red! The dress below I think is 1885 but I could make it in a 1875 style just using it as my base too.  See this link for a copy of dress from another Tissot painting in similar style.
Art
Or this in red and pink instead.

#blueandgoldpromspirit Reception gown, Worth, ca. 1877-78. Cincinnati Art Museum and Cincinnati Art Museum via AEQAIEstante da Moriel
But then royal blue--SO beautiful!!! Could you just imagine how beautiful any of the above using royal blue?


Klänning

And then my other main attraction is velvet and taffeta.  Royal blue or red.  Like in the dresses above. (I'm not   sure when the last one is from.)


And then no, I haven't forgotten my daughters.  I love the one at the end for Elena.  
 1876 Magasin des Desmoiselles

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Red and Pink is lovely! However, my favourite is Royal Blue if the fabric is going to be a velvet. But then again.....deep red velvet is gorgeous too. ha ha. Now I can't decide. These examples are all just so gorgeous. I can see why you've managed to delay packing up for your move. :D Clearly one is more fun than the other.