Wednesday 17 June 2015

Vintage Sailor Dresses

Way back in April or May I started making these dresses for the girls. Isabel's was a breeze to make and I finished it in a week.  Elena's  I made some mistakes and had to redo a bunch. But it's all okay now. Anyway, the girls like them, and I don't know how long they'll let me dress them in what I want, so I'm taking advantage of it as long as possible.  I love sailor dresses, in fact it made me want to make sailor dresses for the whole family, (well, the girls anyway.).  I don't think Ana would go for it though. And that might be a little overkill.  Anyway, here's a ton of cute pictures that Ana took for me. 
Isabel's was Simplicity 2291 and Elena's was Advance 8403.  I made a belt for Elena, but decided not to use it because I added a waistband to lengthen the bodice anyway, because Elena is just as long-waisted as me. 
 


















Most of the pictures of the girls together looked like this.  They weren't cooperating together very well at all.
 








 



2 comments:

Kayli said...

ADAPTABLE FOR CHUBBIES?!?!?!?!?! Ha ha hah aa h ahahaa haa!!

The girls are adorable!

Andrea said...

Where did you find Elena's matching shoes??? You are a genius.