Monday 18 October 2010

Isabel and insects

The other day, my neighbor asked me to kill a spider for her. I walked into the room and Isabel ran ahead of me, squealed "Spider!!!" in a very happy voice and picked it up. It was a huge, hairy thing. Needless to say, I screamed at her to drop it, probably effectively terrorizing her for life, which she did, and I stomped on it.


A few days after that, Leo was dusting our computer desk and found a dead moth. He was going to take it to the trash, but finished cleaning the desk first. When he looked back for the moth, it was gone--Isabel was spitting it out of her mouth and saying, "Yucky!"

That girl has no natural fear.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

HA ha. Reminds me of the story in my baby book......I had no fear either of them..... the moth I fed my baby sister. My mom said she had colic for days till the moth died in her stomach. Eww.

Oh by the way....I was not old enough to know. Just so you didn't think I was a horrible older sister. We are only 11 months apart. I barely knew how to walk when she was born. Yeah....my mom was busy to say the least.

Kayli said...

Ha ha. Isabel's the man.

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

The protein will probably do her good!!
Isabel sounds like Cassidy. No fear of bugs. Hailey on the other hand just about died when a moth was on her hand after she opened the door. Seriously i have never heard her cry or shriek or anything like that before!

Our children are the future said...

HAHAHAHA can't stop laughing b/c I can picture her doing that! that is so cool, she is such a tough little girl. My big guy runs away and says "ewww" and hands me something so I can kill the insect (sometimes little tiny ants)