Sunday 24 October 2010

Weird.

I was going to post pictures of Elena's birthday. And Sebastian all cute and smiling in the tub. But I can't find the camera. I think I might be a bit absurd, but when we arrived home tonight from a friend's house where we ate dinner, our door was open inside the garage into the house, and the door to the outside was open too. Now, I was in a hurry and might have missed both of those (it's happened before) but then I can't find my camera, or Leo's cellphone, and a little leather horse that I had stuffed full of random coins ($20 bucks worth of Colombian pesos, a coin from New Zealand, one from Qatar, one from Cuba, a penny from 1943--that sort of thing) was open and all the money was gone. We drilled the kids, and came up with nothing. Yet a $50 gift card (one of those nice VISA ones) was sitting beside it and was untouched. Oh, and my purse was right there too. Everything's still there. And our video camera, it was out in the open too, not gone. We checked our citizenship records, all still there (those are $600 to replace each.) Am I paranoid? Maybe. Yet still, it's weird.


Maybe I'll find them tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Yikes! I hate to say it, but maybe you came home too early and scared them off have way through? Sheesh! Look how I sound. Sorry. I guess we've been robbed one too many times. And now our daughter was too, just yesterday. I have yet to write about it on my blog....guess that's why I am so pessimistic.. Sorry. I will hope you find them tomorrow too.

Andrea said...

This is a dire situation. If your camera was stolen then we'll have to give you back the one you gave us. Sad.

I hope you find them. It would be beyond weird for both of us to be robbed in the same week.

Linda said...

I hate to say it but, I'm thinking you scared them off before they finished!!

Megan said...

hmm--- I hope you find it all. that is not good.