Monday 31 May 2010

Noche de International

A week ago Friday our ward had a Noche de International. It was fun--basically we just ate a lot of food from different countries. Elena was horribly upset at the beginning though. They played music and she insisted she needed "a dress for the ball." She got her wish, after she had an accident and I made a quick trip home to get her new clothes. She danced the entire night, and she was so excited to be in a dress for it. What a goose.

Sorry, my camera batteries were dying so a lot of the pictures are fuzzy.
But you get the idea, right?
Mostly, it was the Americas (USA has a table too) so Germany was the only odd country out.
I loved the empanadas from Uruguay and there was patacones too. Yum.

I did Canada and made Nanimo bars.
We also did Colombia, and I made panderos. Leo said they tasted very authentic. Yeah! It was a very fun evening.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

yay for Canada! fun stuff!
I think I need to make some nanaimo bars!
yum.

Megan said...

Looks like fun - you can bring me some nanimo bars!!