Sunday 10 May 2009

Photos y mas

Isabel in her new dress from her abuelita!!! So bonita!!!
She was tired of pictures and crawled away.
Ana playing our new piano!!!! Woohooo!!!!! I'm am so excited about it. Only one key is a little sticky and we bought it for $150! I love Craigslist.
I was at the Polish store the other day and picked these up. The Black Currant juice was DEE-licious!!! Leo and I both really liked it. However, it was also muy caro (expensive) so I think I won't be buying it much. But it was fun to try. The apple-mint juice I'll have to get back to you about it, since we haven't tried it yet. It sounds intrigueing, no?
These are actually German butter biscuits. This is a dangerous item--it goes very quickly, I discovered. So yummy!
This, however, is the "treat" I bought us in the checkout line and it is not yummy. It is in fact, NASTY! I threw almost all of it away. It's main ingredient was sesame seeds. I can't even describe the texture or taste, it's like nothing I'd ever had before. And I hope to never have something like it again.
And these are the banana-chocolate chip whole wheat muffins I made. As Kayli would say--it's typical of me. I quintupled it. Is quintupled a real word? Just wondering. Anyway, I made a lot!!! I had bought a bunch of bananas that were already black for a discount price--I love that Valli has the dicount produce. :) Anyway, Leo will have lots of muffins for breakfast when he's out flying. They are really good too! You can check out the recipe here. I just added the chocolate chips.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Your girls are SO cute!

Thanks for the muffin recipe! Yum!

You are like me.....the more the merrier!

Hanah said...

Kami, I love the pic of little Isabel crawling away, and her cute little curls! or it looks like she has some. :D All of them (girls, and pics) are adorable! We love to go shopping at this really cool grocery store called Jungle Jim's. We also bought this Holland candy called Zwart Witjes, they are black, and white. We had no idea what they were, and thought they looked a bit like m&m's. Oh my goodness they are the worst things on this earth! So if you ever see those steer clear! They will make you gag! :D Your muffins look delicious! I have 2 bumches of banannas that need cooking up, so think I may try your recipe. :)