Wednesday 27 May 2009

Things I forgot...

I forgot to mention that when we went to "Sunset on the Mississippi" they had Polynesian dancers beforehand!!! It was sweet!!! We saw the above fire dance, which Leo had to try out back at camp with a little less flames.
Also different Samoan, Tahitian, and Hawaiian dances.
But actually my favorite was the Navajo hoop dance the youngest son did. Yes, it was a family of dancers (the Ahuna family). And yes, they sang Love at Home as their final number, with the grandkids on the stage too. :) Their second to youngest son just received his mission call to somewhere in Russia--the dad asked, "Have you ever heard of a Hawaiian polar bear?"

I also forgot to mention that we met some senior missionaries from Canada who knew our family---"Your grandpa used to drive chariots, right?" Yep. That's us. They claimed they knew me too, only I would have been a newborn at the time--they lived near our dairy farm in Rosemary. Oh and their son is the MD that hired my brother. Random, eh?

Well, I was going to post other things, but I forgot them again. So until next time, chao.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Not hired, just really wanted him to come work there!

Lynn said...

What!!!! Who is the Senior Missionaries?? You have me SO curious! My Uncle Gene and Aunt Lorraine Boehme were just there on a mission, but that was almost a year ago now. So I wonder who it is that you just met.