Monday 25 May 2009

Nauvoo and Otro

First of all, the day we left to go camping in Nauvoo with Leo's YM and Kayli and Wyatt's families, Elena destroyed my lipstick that was in the diaper bag. She obviously did not get in trouble enough, as you can see by the grin on her face.
I actually left her in the bathtub till I calmed down a bit. What a rare occasion that was.
Elena. What can you say about her. Oh, yeah--SHE's CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!! Uncle Wyatt picked her up to give her a hug when he first arrived and she screamed bloody murder and wouldn't look at him for a whole day. She also screamed her death scream at the poor senior missionary in Wilford Woodruff's house. Pyscho girl.
Leo, Jethro and Isabel. I didn't really take that many pictures in Nauvoo, as I left that up to Kayli, so maybe check her blog in the next couple days or maybe when I go down there next I will will get a CD of them and post more.
In this picture, you can see Ana working hard, and also her CUTE new glasses!!! Yeah! She can see! She had a great time and caught a TURTLE! Sweet! Also, she saw two deer and a frog, and one HUGE spider that Leo caught in our tent. Ughh.
Kayli had the idea for us to dress up as stalwart pioneer housewives.
Kayli and Wyatt. It was so fun to see Wyatt and Lindsay Ann--Lindsay is coming to stay at our house for a week or two, and we're going to drag her all over Chicago!!! I'm so excited!
Talmage and Isabel eating grass. A few of Isabel's diapers were a little weird looking this weekend. Hee. Hee.

And now, for a couple funny stories:

1. Ana loves convertibles and wants to buy one someday. The other day we were driving behind one and she said, "Look!! There's my car, an incredible!!!!" She meant "convertible". It was really funny.

2. Elena today was bathing in the tub and heard the icecream truck. (One drives through our apartment complex at least once a day if not more.) She's just recently put it together that icecream is sold by the truck playing music which is unfortunate for me. Anyway, so she jumped out of the tub and raced to the living room completely naked, and wailed, "Bring me a towel!!!" She increasingly became more and more desperate as we ignored her and the icecream truck was driving on. Finally, in annoyance at our lack of response, she yelled, "Oh my heck!! Bring me a towel!!!" It was so funny. I choose to believe that she picked up this particular saying from her Aunt Amy, as Amy says it with the exact same intonation. That's my story anyway.

3. Sunday night when we were camping I was putting Elena to bed and she asked, "Go to the bank?" I was a bit confused at first, but it soon became clear why she wanted to go to the bank as she repeated, "Go to the bank? Get candy?" Hee. Hee.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Okay...still couldn't see your new hair highlights under that hat. : ( LOL!

But hey! Great costumes! I am SO jealous that you all live THAT close to Nauvoo to just go and visit. That is Dean's and my dream to go there someday...maybe even a mission....we won't mind any screaming children either. Promise. Hee Hee.

Loved this post! Your kids are SO funny! And cute! Tell Ana she looks So cute in her new glasses.

Rockelle said...

fun times...You are blessed to have family close enough to do funstauff with!