Wednesday 16 July 2008

It's Always Fun When Grandma Comes

I have to say, I love it when my mom comes to visit. It's terrific, wonderful, and fabulous!!!

Not only did she make me yummy desserts like this above, but she also did my girls's hair in pink rollers for Sunday. Love that.
She also has been helping Ana with piano. I don't think Ana enjoys that so much. It brings back many memories for me anyway. They're such fond memories now that I'm not the one on the piano bench. Hee. Hee. Really, I am glad about Mom helping her though, I don't know enough piano to really make sure she's doing things right.
Grandma also took my kids swimming these last few afternoons, which freed up my time for a nap and well, taking pictures for Isabel's birth announcement. Here are some of my favorites, although the one I chose isn't among them.
For anyone wondering, this is the dress Aunt LaVerle made for me when I was born, 26 1/2 yrs. ago. Crazy, eh?
I also had to post pictures because some little redhead (otherwise known as Dread Pirate Kayli) has been whining to me on the phone about posting pictures of Isabel.
I'm not completely happy with the photo I chose for the annoncement. Maybe I'll have Kayli take few while she's here this weekend.Then again I think it may be that I'm just not satisfied with the announcement. It's kind of fussy.

All in all, I'm doing well though. I'm off pain meds now and my incision doesn't bother me that much, I just have really low energy. I am so glad my mother is here!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

She is beautiful Kami!! Thanks for posting pics!

Kayli said...

Awwwwwww...those are beautiful pictures of her! Just so pretty. I love the blanket--is it from Mom?

Can't wait to meet her!

Lynn said...

YAY for visiting moms/grandmas! You are so lucky. Nice that she is doing so much to help out. How far away does she live anyway? I am getting the picture that Kayli lives much closer to you than your mom does.

LOVE the baby photos. I am SO glad you posted. It's amazing how much they change in such a short amount of time. Truly amazing. She is SUCH a doll. Love that you kept that little dress and are using it. There's so much love sewn into it, why not share it. Your family is "sew" talented. : D

Annie said...

KAMI
I LOVE THE PICTURES YOU TOOK OF ISABEL. SHE IS SO CUTE. I AM GALD YOUR MOM IS TAKING CARE OF YOU AND LETTING YOU REST. MOMS ARE GREAT AREN'T THEY. TAKE IT EASY AND REST WHILE YOU CAN

Joanne said...

she is adorable and that dress is fabulous too! aren't we all lucky we have LaVerle in our lives!!!

Emily said...

She's gorgeous! What a little dolly! Enjoy your mama.

Hanah said...

She is such a doll baby!! I loved the pics! Glad you're mom is there to take care of you all! Aren't moms just the best!